Oceania transfer from Southampton to Heathrow

Hello,

Does Oceania still offer a transfer from Southampton port to Heathrow airport, and if so, how much please?  The last price I saw on a forum thread was $70 pax in 2022.

I just got a quote from a car service we have used in the past and it is now £365 (for 2 of us).

Are taxis/ubers readily available at the cruise terminal and would that be a good alternative (8:00 am on a Tuesday in early July).  Our flight to the U.S. is 2:50 pm)

Thanks for your help.

I can't answer for Oceania but we are doing a transfer with Regent from Southampton to Lhr in July 2024.

The cost for each of us is $99 Canadian.   I suspect it would be similar pricing for Oceania.   It is cheaper for us than a private service.   Perhaps check with  Oceania for their price? 

ColoradoCruiser88,

Have you joined the Roll Call for your cruise? There might be others who have arranged shareable transportation.

Your rate is considerably higher than the rates we found and booked for early September.

There are many recommendations on the Ports of Call - British Isles forum.

Posted (edited)

We took the Oceania bus last September from southampton to Heathrow...I think about $70 pp. 

Very well organized.  They ask for flight info. Terminal.  Assign you to the correct bus...they had a load 9f them waiting at the pier.  Very easy. 

Edited by Mrs f.

17 hours ago, ColoradoCruiser88 said:

Hello,

Does Oceania still offer a transfer from Southampton port to Heathrow airport, and if so, how much please?  The last price I saw on a forum thread was $70 pax in 2022.

I just got a quote from a car service we have used in the past and it is now £365 (for 2 of us).

Are taxis/ubers readily available at the cruise terminal and would that be a good alternative (8:00 am on a Tuesday in early July).  Our flight to the U.S. is 2:50 pm)

Thanks for your help.

Are you doing your flights through Oceania?

@Jack1 and @Mrs f. - Thank you.  $99 CAD is roughly $73 USD, so that is in the ballpark for Oceania charging $70 USD last year and in 2022.  I think that will be our plan.

Unlike Celebrity or some other cruise lines, Oceania doesn’t seem to make end of cruise transfers or excursions available for pre-booking, so we’ll just wait until it’s available onboard.

10 hours ago, alcpa1 said:

ColoradoCruiser88,

Have you joined the Roll Call for your cruise? There might be others who have arranged shareable transportation.

Your rate is considerably higher than the rates we found and booked for early September.

There are many recommendations on the Ports of Call - British Isles forum.

@alcpa1  Yes, I checked our roll call, but it’s very quiet and no one on it seem to be doing a straight transfer to Heathrow.  I have also checked the British Isles forum and tried to contact several of the highly recommended private transfer companies, but it appears I have (for once) procrastinated too much and they are booked up.  That is why my preferred private transfer gave me a quote of £365 - their “cheaper” cars are already booked up.😟

And the recommended private bus transfer company is quoting a price of $105 pax, so I’m better off taking Oceania transfer.  
Thank you for responding!

12 minutes ago, ColoradoCruiser88 said:

@Jack1 and @Mrs f. - Thank you.  $99 CAD is roughly $73 USD, so that is in the ballpark for Oceania charging $70 USD last year and in 2022.  I think that will be our plan.

Unlike Celebrity or some other cruise lines, Oceania doesn’t seem to make end of cruise transfers or excursions available for pre-booking, so we’ll just wait until it’s available onboard.

I think they left a paper on our bed offering bus back .  

We disembark the Sirena in April 2024. Our TA booked the Oceania bus transfer from Southampton to Heathrow.  We're from Canada approx $99.00 p.person. This worked out great they had all the flight information and which Terminal. It takes about 1:20min depending on traffic and stops at all the terminals.  We booked our own flights. 

In a very rare case we recently booked PE flight from LHR to LAX through Oceania. They had the best priced one way direct flight that I could find. Also the price for O transfer to the airport was zero dollars. Much better deal than £200+ we had paid for Uber on the way to that cruise from London to Southampton terminal. The same O transfer was available for purchase to the people who booked their own flights. Still a better deal than any private transfer for those who like us don’t want to take any public transportation option.

• Like 1

I just booked a transfer from Southampton to T2 Heathrow today with Oceania as the quote from Totally Driven had gone way up from previously. It was $102 Canadian each. We booked our own  air to Toronto

7 minutes ago, osandomir said:

Much better deal than £200+ we had paid for Uber on the way to that cruise from London to Southampton terminal. 

@osandomir

Wow! Thank you for that information!  My husband was keen on taking Uber, but I thought the numbers he got off his Internet search were too far-ranging.  
Thanks again!

39 minutes ago, ColoradoCruiser88 said:

@osandomir

Wow! Thank you for that information!  My husband was keen on taking Uber, but I thought the numbers he got off his Internet search were too far-ranging.  
Thanks again!

The price for Uber heavily depends on the date and time. In any case we were willing to pay because we didn’t want to jump all the ropes in getting from our London hotel to the train or bus station and then to the cruise terminal in Southampton. I understand that some people think differently but when compared to the price of the cruise or any other travel expenses I wouldn’t be on a mission for saving some dollars in exchange of the convenience.

• Like 3

We also will need a transfer from O Marina at Southampton to Heathrow in Sept. We havent yet checked for transfers…so thanks for this thread. As I read thru these….it seems several have booked Oceania transfers for $99 pp and yet one post says they cant book pre-cruise but will once on board? If booked…did you go thru Oceania…or your TA? 

2 hours ago, all2me said:

We also will need a transfer from O Marina at Southampton to Heathrow in Sept. We havent yet checked for transfers…so thanks for this thread. As I read thru these….it seems several have booked Oceania transfers for $99 pp and yet one post says they cant book pre-cruise but will once on board? If booked…did you go thru Oceania…or your TA? 

I believe it’s quite easy to arrange with Oceania while you’re already on board. But it also was possible to include Oceania transfers in your reservation when you book your cruise. 

16 hours ago, all2me said:

13 hours ago, osandomir said:

I believe it’s quite easy to arrange with Oceania while you’re already on board. But it also was possible to include Oceania transfers in your reservation when you book your cruise. 

Our TA just added O's Southampton to LHR transfer to our invoice for our August cruise at $79. pp.

• Like 2

On 6/12/2024 at 3:40 AM, Jack1 said:

I can't answer for Oceania but we are doing a transfer with Regent from Southampton to Lhr in July 2024.

The cost for each of us is $99 Canadian.   I suspect it would be similar pricing for Oceania.   It is cheaper for us than a private service.   Perhaps check with  Oceania for their price? 

On 6/11/2024 at 9:25 PM, ColoradoCruiser88 said:

Hello,

Thanks for your help.

What cruise are you on ?

We arrive back in Southampton on Marina the 16th July and will be flying from Heathrow to Manchester. 
We have a private transfer from ship to LHR.