Do Viking Ships Have These Features?

toolworker

Do Viking Ocean ships have these features?

1. 1. Booking and changing tours at reception 24/7

2. Booking and changing things on the app - tours, dining reservations, ... ?

3. Quietvox or equivalent for tours (phone app doesn't count)

4. Starlink internet

5. Play enrichment talks on TV with pause, resume, save your place.

6. 800 number to call Reception from shore for international phone charges only.

I'm asking because we've been cruising Regent lately, and it doesn't have any of them (except phasing in Starlink).  I've seen these on other lines but can't remember which lines have which ones.

37 minutes ago, toolworker said:

1. 1. Booking and changing tours at reception 24/7 Yes

2. Booking and changing things on the app - tours, dining reservations, ... ?Yes/but often is glitchy

3. Quietvox or equivalent for tours (phone app doesn't count) Yes

4. Starlink internet Yes but even so, pretty awful 

5. Play enrichment talks on TV with pause, resume, save your place.I think so

6. 800 number to call Reception from shore for international phone charges only.Not that I am aware. 

I'm asking because we've been cruising Regent lately, and it doesn't have any of them (except phasing in Starlink).  I've seen these on other lines but can't remember which lines have which ones.

See my responses after your questions. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

FYI Cancellation of optional excursions requires 48 hour notice. If you want to cancel any first or second day pre-paid excursions, you must do that before you board.

Starlink speed is highly dependent on your location on the planet. We had 200+ Mbps download in the Mediterranean. Polar regions and South Pacific can be an issue.

image.png.1ed0f7c28234ee445697b11694996428.png

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, toolworker said:

800 number to call Reception from shore for international phone charges only.

Not sure what you’re asking here. But when in any given port ashore, you can call the ship with the phone # printed in the Daily. We only had to do it once when trying to find the ship coming back from HCMC around midnight. The ship address in the Daily was woefully inadequate & our taxi driver didn’t speak English. But Reception is available 24/7 on Viking so someone will always pick up. 🙂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LindaS272 said:

Not sure what you’re asking here. But when in any given port ashore, you can call the ship with the phone # printed in the Daily. We only had to do it once when trying to find the ship coming back from HCMC around midnight. The ship address in the Daily was woefully inadequate & our taxi driver didn’t speak English. But Reception is available 24/7 on Viking so someone will always pick up. 🙂

Thanks, Linda. And if I recall correctly, it was just a regular Miami phone number and a standard international call. Regent has a number that connects to a service that charges $7.95 a minute.

9 minutes ago, toolworker said:

Thanks, Linda. And if I recall correctly, it was just a regular Miami phone number and a standard international call. Regent has a number that connects to a service that charges $7.95 a minute.

The ship’s phone number and email address is listed in your final documents email. It’s a U.S. based phone number (not toll free).

1 minute ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

The ship’s phone number and email address is listed in your final documents email. It’s a U.S. based phone number (not toll free).

Thanks. One of the cruise lines has it on the back of our cruise card, but I don't remember which one.

We have T-Mobile, so international use is free or negligible.

18 minutes ago, toolworker said:

Thanks. One of the cruise lines has it on the back of our cruise card, but I don't remember which one.

We have T-Mobile, so international use is free or negligible.

Actually, it IS on the back of the card. Never noticed that before.image.thumb.jpeg.09917e57efb633ae87cd335ab878e649.jpeg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

FYI Cancellation of optional excursions requires 48 hour notice. If you want to cancel any first or second day pre-paid excursions, you must do that before you board.

You must do it no later then 8 days before you board. There is a one week blackout period prior to boarding when no changes are done.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, toolworker said:

1. 1. Booking and changing tours at reception 24/7

2. Booking and changing things on the app - tours, dining reservations, ... ?

3. Quietvox or equivalent for tours (phone app doesn't count)

4. Starlink internet

5. Play enrichment talks on TV with pause, resume, save your place.

6. 800 number to call Reception from shore for international phone charges only.

1.  Yes, you can change/book in person at the reception desk with some caveats.  When onboard you must cancel at least 48 hours ahead of time on an excursion.   Notes regarding cancellations before you get on board are good, but not relevant since OP asked about doing it in person at the reception desk, which means you are already on board.

2.  Yes.  Unlike Clay, I found the app extremely handy and useful for booking dining reservations, tours, general information and more.  Perhaps the user interface isn't the best and I would design it differently (it appears to be designed by a geek IT person and not a consumer).

3.  Yes.

4.  Starlink, as stated, depends on location no matter what cruise you are on.  We actually surprisingly had decent Starlink wifi recently in Norway even.  Who knows all the variables.

5.  Yes, and that has been nice!

6.  No 800 number.  Ship number is found on back of cabin room card.  Have used it.  It works.  Whether you are billed or not depends on the plan you have.