Maleth Aero - The One Show

15 minutes ago, 9265359 said:

A YouTuber who gets paid if people watch their videos posting another controversial video that will get people watching and earn them money - I am shocked, utterly shocked.

What are you shocked about? 

You don't have to pay or subscribe to his blog and just watch what you are I interested in ? I genuinely think he is just trying to help & publicise the problem ie Maleth air not fulfilling their obligations 

🤔

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, pete14 said:

Who is this blogger? Does he have any legal qualifications? Has he held a senior position in the travel industry? How does anybody know that his blogs are accurate and truthful? Does he pay for all his cruises and if so, how does he afford so many? Is he based in UK rather than in a country with a different legal system from ours?

The blogger use to be a teacher quit to become a travel blogger full time. I doubt he has any legal qualifications. Bloggers once they kick off a video that rants etc people will just go along with it. To be honest he’s just reading everything off his screen. So everything he says is just hear say. No one has seen what he has been sent unless uploaded somewhere else. Like Megabear pointed out things have been posted elsewhere.

He does love to talk about some other bloggers and not in a positive way. 

Edited by carlanthony24
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, carlanthony24 said:

The blogger use to be a teacher quit to become a travel blogger full time. I doubt he has any legal qualifications. Bloggers once they kick off a video that rants etc people will just go along with it. To be honest he’s just reading everything off his screen. So everything he says is just hear say. No one has seen what he has been sent unless uploaded somewhere else. Like Megabear pointed out things have been posted elsewhere.

He does love to talk about some other bloggers and not in a positive way. 

So the answer to my question is that he is an ex Spanish teacher who now makes his money through ‘clicks’ on YouTube using the experiences of other people and has been invited onto cruises to give what no doubt is an impartial review.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, pete14 said:

Who is this blogger? Does he have any legal qualifications? Has he held a senior position in the travel industry? How does anybody know that his blogs are accurate and truthful? Does he pay for all his cruises and if so, how does he afford so many? Is he based in UK rather than in a country with a different legal system from ours?

A lot of people seem to be putting a lot of their faith in his words and I can’t understand why. Maybe the answers to the questions above, should anybody care to provide them, will help me to understand why his words are held in such high esteem. I am also not sure whether the One Show is particularly authoritative. From looking at the background of some of the presenters, I very much doubt it. 

It seems completely obvious that using Maleth turned out badly. We don’t know the ins and outs of the contract which may determine liability. Something needs to be done about ensuring compensation for delays is paid according to the industry scheme in place but I would be astonished if P&Os legal team are not working on a resolution but Maleth cannot or will not pay. Speculation, rumour and guesswork are not helpful. Without the full facts, even friends and colleagues with some legal background are  unlikely to give a definitive answer.

I rest my case m’lud.

I think he is a former teacher and has done a number of cruises and seems like a nice guy. 

Have seen a number of his videos but he has no more expertise than I have.....  make of that what you will.

Don't think it is appropriate to quote him like he is a font of all knowledge though to be honest. 

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 1

Jamie Robbins is actually quite a pleasant guy, we shared a table with him and his partner/husband at the naming of the MSC Bellisima. We were also on another cruise (Arcadia start of May) at the same time as him and Mafu. I looked forward to watching his blog on that particular cruise to see if his views coincided with our own,  and noted that he rather diplomatically brushed over a few issues that cropped up no doubt not wishing to upset P&O too much on that occasion.

Some of his blogs can be quite informative but there are several things in his blogs that I personally find slightly irritating such as his references to Jesus. I can't say that he actually influences us in any positive way.  

I understand that he has retired from his previous post as a Deputy Head teacher and now concentrates on posting travel blogs.  I believe that some of his trips may be freebies given by the cruise companies in the hope of a positive advertising.

I believe that I may have watched his blog about the airline fiasco and don't recall him making any claims about legal expertise or saying anything other than it was his personal opinion and that he would be looking out for future developments.

44 minutes ago, pete14 said:

So the answer to my question is that he is an ex Spanish teacher who now makes his money through ‘clicks’ on YouTube using the experiences of other people and has been invited onto cruises to give what no doubt is an impartial review.

I respectfully think you are being quite mean to Jamie the blogger.

I listened to the video & he did not give any legal advice (quite the opposite) or give solutions. He was simply giving an appraise of the correspondence between him,Maleth & CAA. In my opinion it was quite helpful.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, pete14 said:

In all fairness all vloggers tend to do that in some way shape or form.

Edited by carlanthony24

The thing I find interesting he says "hopefully it be last one he has to make till he gets compensation" I don't see how any further he can go. Its obvious you are not going to get it for how ever long. Saturday's vlog will showcase everything. So what else can you do on a video? 

17 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

The thing I find interesting he says "hopefully it be last one he has to make till he gets compensation" I don't see how any further he can go. Its obvious you are not going to get it for how ever long. Saturday's vlog will showcase everything.

The whole live blog thing seemed a waste of time to me, but he appears to have quite a big audience assumedly not all victims of Maleth.  I get the impression he just wants to encourage others to keep the momentum going and certainly the other sources being used by the passengers who are claiming for compensation are offering some interesting ideas of what they may do next including legal action in Malta and a no win no fee legal attempt.  Of course none of it may come to anything but certainly some high profile media outlets and others are taking a good look since the Watchdog piece.

2 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Don't think it is appropriate to quote him like he is a font of all knowledge though to be honest. 

Reasing back here, I cannot see that anyone has quoted this Jamie guy as a font of all knowledge or said he is giving advice or indeed offered any view on the contents of his video save to correct his wrong statements. 

Ironically it looks as if all he has actually done is for some time tell people about his experience as a customer of P&O (apparently  that Caribbean cruise was booked as such not a free one) who was unfortunately involved with a long Maleth Aero delay.  

Blogging is apparently a defined career choice in these modern times so I guess they're here until some other trend comes along.  

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

There have been a few gripes on faceache regarding Enter Air who P&O seem to be using for some of their flights to Malta. Lets hope this is not deja vu.

Really does not surprise me. A name some have not heard of. Every year its the same though you hear complaints over what ever fly cruises are happening. Lets not forget when the snow hit and you saw them moaning about TUI not departing. Armchair pilots thought it was safe to depart when the runway was cleared. I guess they know more than the pilot already does and the performance figures.

Edited by carlanthony24

1 minute ago, Megabear2 said:

The whole live blog thing seemed a waste of time to me, but he appears to have quite a big audience assumedly not all victims of Maleth.  I get the impression he just wants to encourage others to keep the momentum going and certainly the other sources being used by the passengers who are claiming for compensation are offering some interesting ideas of what they may do next including legal action in Malta and a no win no fee legal attempt.  Of course none of it may come to anything but certainly some high profile media outlets and others are taking a good look since the Watchdog piece.

Reasing back here, I cannot see that anyone has quoted this Jamie guy as a font of all knowledge or said he is giving advice or indeed offered any view on the contents of his video save to correct his wrong statements. 

Ironically it looks as if all he has actually done is for some time tell people about his experience as a customer of P&O (apparently  that Caribbean cruise was booked as such not a free one) who was unfortunately involved with a long Maleth Aero delay.  

Blogging is apparently a defined career choice in these modern times so I guess they're here until some other trend comes along.  

Yeah. I feel the video on Saturday will be everything he has already shown. I would be interested to see if he posts the emails he received from the CAA. He said he won't travel P&O again till it is sorted (IF). Even if not sorted if they get freebies or a cheap deal guarantee they will go back.

2 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

Yeah. I feel the video on Saturday will be everything he has already shown. I would be interested to see if he posts the emails he received from the CAA. He said he won't travel P&O again till it is sorted (IF). Even if not sorted if they get freebies or a cheap deal guarantee they will go back.

Have you seen the letters and  emails on face ache and MSE websites which others have posted?  The bulk of them have started to come out in the past 7 days or so.

Interestingly the one thing Jamie did say tonight which rings true is that P&O do seem to have been a little more proactive in the time since Watchdog in that they are replying to people on social media to tell them to contact the CAA rather than totally ignoring them as appaarently was the previous stance.  Of course, as is witnessed by the replies from the CAA to early complainants we know they aren't going to be able to do anything so this will inevitably lead to more frustration and anger amongst the passengers.

As to whether they go, who can say.  Certainly a large number on many sites saying they aren't going back to P&O but who knows truthfully if they do or don't.

19 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

There have been a few gripes on faceache regarding Enter Air who P&O seem to be using for some of their flights to Malta. Lets hope this is not deja vu.

I'd never heard of them until I read your post!  At least these guys seem to have more aircraft if breakdowns occur - 33 in the fleet apparently.

Just now, Megabear2 said:

Have you seen the letters and  emails on face ache and MSE websites which others have posted?  The bulk of them have started to come out in the past 7 days or so.

Interestingly the one thing Jamie did say tonight which rings true is that P&O do seem to have been a little more proactive in the time since Watchdog in that they are replying to people on social media to tell them to contact the CAA rather than totally ignoring them as appaarently was the previous stance.  Of course, as is witnessed by the replies from the CAA to early complainants we know they aren't going to be able to do anything so this will inevitably lead to more frustration and anger amongst the passengers.

As to whether they go, who can say.  Certainly a large number on many sites saying they aren't going back to P&O but who knows truthfully if they do or don't.

I have not seen any of the face ache ones. Martin Lewis I saw that they can't do anything did not see posts from the CAA saying things about P&O. The girl who created the thread on MSE said she will still travel with them. Just looked on faceache. I wish I hadn't. You have them going on about the contract which as we know from Mole what the legal obligations were. You even have some saying they have not leant by hiring Norse to do flights only because they have seen not so good things. Someone saying they will never use a Carnival company find that a bit hard to believe. Food which like Mole said had to be supplied for safety reasons.

19 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

I'd never heard of them until I read your post!  At least these guys seem to have more aircraft if breakdowns occur - 33 in the fleet apparently.

I saw on the well known T site someone complaining that TUI were using a different company in summer even they were are the same spec aircrafts. In reality if its not a company well known or people just find bad reviews they don't find out for themselves what it is actually like.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

I have not seen any of the face ache ones. Martin Lewis I saw that they can't do anything did not see posts from the CAA saying things about P&O. The girl who created the thread on MSE said she will still travel with them. Just looked on faceache. I wish I hadn't. You have them going on about the contract which as we know from Mole what the legal obligations were. You even have some saying they have not leant by hiring Norse to do flights only because they have seen not so good things. Someone saying they will never use a Carnival company find that a bit hard to believe. Food which like Mole said had to be supplied for safety reasons.

There seem to be five(!) face ache threads.  The one where some letters from the CAA mentioning P&O are quoted in full is entitled P&O Maleth Aero Complaints.  Personally I am not a face ache user but my OH is and because I looked at one post on his account he's now being inundated with this stuff. 

Reading between the lines from posts I have a feeling the food being referred to isn't the normal stock of meals/drinks.  There seems to have been some other offerings to those stuck on the planes on the ground - lots of mention of chocolates, water, soft drinks etc.  If that is the case they must have been the world's most expensive and luxurious snacks if they're worth £500,000! The passengers in Antigua/Barbados on the other hand appear to have literally been abandoned once they reached the airports so no food there.

• Like 1

I quite like Jamie and find his content helpful.  I think the most important thing to remember here is HE WAS THERE!  This is his account of what actually happened and he is entitled to pursue it and he is sharing this on his channel.  

• Like 5