Guaranteed Mini Suite - Should I worry?

5onadime

I booked a guaranteed mini suite cabin because that was all that showed available.  I have never booked gauranteed before.... probably because I AM a worrier.  How do they give me a cabin if it showing sold out?

4 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

They also hold back inventory for guarantees.  You will get a cabin but it may not be until a couple days before.  Nothing to worry about.

Unless you care about location   We haven’t sailed anywhere but aft for years

4 minutes ago, memoak said:

Unless you care about location   We haven’t sailed anywhere but aft for years

So you would not be an ideal candidate for a guarantee then.  I didn't see anything int he OP's post that location was a concern, it was simply not having a cabin that was.

• Like 1

Which ship? I did a GTY mini-suite on the Enchanted Princess for my May sailing and was THRILLED with my cabin assignment. I didn't get the assignment until under 2 weeks out, but I got one of the forward-facing mini-suites on Deck 15 and loved it!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

We are on the Regal in August

We are not concerned with location- just category for this trip.

Thanks for the responses!

Edited by 5onadime

After Princess processes all of the bids and other changes, you can expect to receive one of the following:

• A stateroom in the category you booked.
  • A free upgrade to a stateroom in a higher category.
  • An optional offer to take a downgrade to a lower category, with a significant amount of refund and/or OBC offered if you accept.
  • An optional offer to move your cruise to another date, with a significant amount of refund and/or OBC offered if you accept.

I haven't heard anyone post about Princess involuntarily cancelling a cruise booking because of overselling. Note that I am not talking about cancelling an entire cruise because of issues with the ship - that is a completely different issue where they have to cancel the entire cruise.

You will either get what you paid for, get more than you paid for, or accept an optional offer that you're happy with. If you receive an optional offer that you want to accept, you will need to respond quickly, because they usually make very generous offers in order to handle the overbooking with everyone happy.

• Like 1