Included wines on Pursuit ?

How does the included wine work now. Last time we were on  Azamara there was a different choice each day (sort of) which was beyond frustrating as if you found one you liked you couldn't have it the next day. Is there a reliable supply of basic wine on board? Currently in a small town in Hungary enjoying the local wine which is sold in cute 1.5 liter plastic barrels so not a wine snob by any stretch of the imagination. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Utopia1 said:

in the past when I liked a wine I took a photo of the wine served  and requested it again.  My request has always been granted.

Sadly our experience was totally different. Having read here I could ask for yesterday's wine by name i tried - we were told "No these are what you can have". Then three days later our favourite would be back on the menu. YMMV.

Anyway is it still the same pot luck system or is there a chance of reliable wine supply?

Edited by Catchum

The current system seems to be to have a selection of wines available [3 or 4 red and 3 or 4 white and 2 rose] which doesn't change much, except that when they run out of a selection [usually the one I like] another will be substituted.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HalifaxYorksCruiser said:

We are on Pursuit on 7th July and keeping my fingers crossed that there is something palatable to drink. We have no OBC and so not wanting to buy a package.

Hi there,

We are on from 29th June doing the B2B to Barcelona. Near neighbours to you, we live in Wilsden. Also hoping for decent wines !!!!!. Have a great cruise see you soon. Steve & Gail

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, osmoses12 said:

Hi there,

We are on from 29th June doing the B2B to Barcelona. Near neighbours to you, we live in Wilsden. Also hoping for decent wines !!!!!. Have a great cruise see you soon. Steve & Gail

Don’t drink all the decent included wines before we get on. Mark & Gail.

Hi.

This is the selection of included wine on the Quest right now doing the french intensive voyage. There is also a sparkling wine not on the picture. Hope this helps.

IMG_20240611_132453165.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Bobreg said:

Hi.

This is the selection of included wine on the Quest right now doing the french intensive voyage. There is also a sparkling wine not on the picture. Hope this helps.

Thanks - that is all a new selection other than the Pinotage.  The new CEO said she was looking at the wines as a priority as she liked her red wines so maybe she has go ahead on this one

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bobreg said:

Hi.

Many thanks . Will see if they have the same on Pursuit French cruise on 6th July.

Posted (edited)
On 6/17/2024 at 2:06 PM, Catchum said:

Sadly our experience was totally different. Having read here I could ask for yesterday's wine by name i tried - we were told "No these are what you can have". Then three days later our favourite would be back on the menu. YMMV.

Anyway is it still the same pot luck system or is there a chance of reliable wine supply?

How long ago was this?

I don't remember it being like that for a while..

And definitely different in the last 2+ years where the wines remain pretty stable cruise long.

Edited by ECCruise

Hi. Was able to take picture of the sparkling wine. There is also a Pino Grigio that has an identical label as the Sauvignon Blanc (Tino) so make sure they serve you the right one.

IMG_20240618_192512197_HDR.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Bobreg said:

Hi. Was able to take picture of the sparkling wine. There is also a Pino Grigio that has an identical label as the Sauvignon Blanc (Tino) so make sure they serve you the right one.

IMG_20240618_192512197_HDR.jpg

Thanks. I quite like Veuve du Vernay.

7 minutes ago, HalifaxYorksCruiser said:

Thanks. I quite like Veuve du Vernay.

Actually, this is the one we drink most often during trivia in the living room are 4 before dinner.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ECCruise said:

How long ago was this?

I don't remember it being like that for a while..

And definitely different in the last 2+ years where the wines remain pretty stable cruise long.

Last time on Azamara was the maiden voyage of the Pursuit. Which was 2018? and feels like 18 months ago!

It's been over a year since I was on Pursuit but it appears, slowly but surely, things are changing on the wine front. The most interesting aspect of that line up are the two Hawks Crest wines. This is the entry level wine of Stag's Leap, quite a prestigious US winery. Personally I think that is pretty good to have in the included line up, in fact I'm surprised because they are better wines than some that were on the Ultimate list when I sailed.

It is especially interesting to note Stag's Leap is owned by Ste Michelle, the wine conglomerate in turn owned by, guess who, Sycamore, the same people who own Azamara. Ste Michelle have a decent stable of wines, not least the original Ste Michelle winery. It would make a lot of sense for everyone if they could exploit such synergies and we might be able to look forward to somewhat better quality wine at all levels, compared to the past.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, federalexpress said:

It's been over a year since I was on Pursuit but it appears, slowly but surely, things are changing on the wine front. The most interesting aspect of that line up are the two Hawks Crest wines. This is the entry level wine of Stag's Leap, quite a prestigious US winery. Personally I think that is pretty good to have in the included line up, in fact I'm surprised because they are better wines than some that were on the Ultimate list when I sailed.

It is especially interesting to note Stag's Leap is owned by Ste Michelle, the wine conglomerate in turn owned by, guess who, Sycamore, the same people who own Azamara. Ste Michelle have a decent stable of wines, not least the original Ste Michelle winery. It would make a lot of sense for everyone if they could exploit such synergies and we might be able to look forward to somewhat better quality wine at all levels, compared to the past.

Agreed. Ste Michelle also has partnerships with other wineries in France, Germany and Italy. (Maybe more…I haven’t paid close attention) Leveraging the brand wouldn’t necessarily limit one to American wines only.