booking 2 select cabins

Hi

I've never sailed P&O before so just checking can I book two select cabins and use the free parking at southampton

for all four of us then get the extra on board credit for the other cabin ?

2 cabins with 2 people in each cabin.

Also is there a way to join our bookings together so I can book dining and excursions for all 4 of us ?

Thanks

37 minutes ago, doskram said:

Hi

I've never sailed P&O before so just checking can I book two select cabins and use the free parking at southampton

for all four of us then get the extra on board credit for the other cabin ?

2 cabins with 2 people in each cabin.

Also is there a way to join our bookings together so I can book dining and excursions for all 4 of us ?

Thanks

There is no reason I can think of why you should not be able to use the free parking for one cabin and the OBC for the other. My choice would be to phone P&O direct, choose the two cabins you want and ask them to link the bookings together. Or you could use a reputable cruise agent to handle the booking for you.

Effectively you will book two cabins (which from memory you can do online if you wish) so there is no problem with one having parking and one having OBC - but if you want them next/close to one another then it will probably be easier by either phoning P&O (if you are prepared for a long wait!) or using a reputable cruise agent (who may give you a bit of extra discount/OBC).

Bookings can be linked so that you can all be on the same table at the same time but excursions need to be booked individually but then if you all arrive for the excursion at the same time you will be together.

Hi, this is an extract from the email I received form P&O about linking bookings:

"Thank you for getting in touch with your question about linking your booking. 
In order for travel companions to link their bookings, we provide a 3 digit code, known as a TWID code to all bookings that wish to be linked. This code is applied to bookings where the guests are family and/or friends and they wish to travel and dine together. TWID enables us to seat the party together at the same table, in the same restaurant at the same dining time. (Please note we cannot guarantee that linked bookings will be allocated the same dining choice and/or time or that cabins are in close proximity of each other. Bookings made under the P&O Cruises Select Fare will be given priority when tables are allocated.) Please note, the link function is for standard dining purposes only, and does not affect the following: 
- Cabin Allocation or relative position.
- Embarkation times - please be aware should all wish to embark as a party, you should aim for the LATEST time in the group. 
- Pre-booking of shore experiences - you would all have to book individually through My Cruise and then link when on board. 
- Pre-booking of specialty dining - you would all have to book individually through My Cruise and then link when on board.
- Entertainment - you would all have to book individually through My Cruise and link once on board"

I have been give a 3 digit code that has been applied to both of my family bookings and will use to link once on board. Hope this helps.

Knowing that we can have different benefits lets me book both cabins at the same time rather than making two seperate bookings and i'll know to ask for my 3 digit code to link the bookings.

Thanks for the replies.

1 hour ago, doskram said:

Knowing that we can have different benefits lets me book both cabins at the same time rather than making two seperate bookings and i'll know to ask for my 3 digit code to link the bookings.

Thanks for the replies.

Don’t forget that booking select means you can choose actual cabins (dependent on availability) so you should be able to get adjacent cabins if you wish.

Posted (edited)

If you’re booking similar cabins, then this won’t apply. However, make sure that you work out which is the ‘best’ cabin to book the car parking. For our recent cruise, it was more cost effective to allocate the car parking to the inside cabin. Can’t remember the sums involved, but that left us with more OBC overall. 

Edited by Ardennais
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Ardennais said:

If you’re booking similar cabins, then this won’t apply. However, make sure that you work out which is the ‘best’ cabin to book the car parking. For our recent cruise, it was more cost effective to allocate the car parking to the inside cabin. Can’t remember the sums involved, but that left us with more OBC overall. 

Yes, we have noticed that the lower grade cabins usually have the best deal on parking, with more OBC being lost if you are in a higher grade cabin.

• Like 1

Thanks for your help

I got the two cabins booked 1 with free parking 1 with extra obc and have the cabins linked

so we should be dining together on a table for 4.

• Like 3