Princess Plus Packages

babs135

2 hours ago, akaCruiser said:

For me, initially they added to the gratuities to the third and forth passenger, but you need to go to the Guest Services and notify them that you have the Plus or Premier package and they will then remove it.

As I mentioned when I go to the website for my coming cruise it clearly says it's covered:

image.thumb.png.516f5f08dedb7f97486ef0a56037d7ea.png

At the end of the day, I'm just providing my experience in using the Plus Package and what benefits I was able to leverage. Your experience may be a bit different, but as I mentioned before I read the T&C and was able to take advantage of the terms as written.

That’s not what the T&C’s mean. And you basically just removed gratuities from staff because the Guest Relations team didn’t want to argue with you. Anyone can go remove gratuities, with or without Plus/Premier. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BazingAu said:

That’s not what the T&C’s mean. And you basically just removed gratuities from staff because the Guest Relations team didn’t want to argue with you. Anyone can go remove gratuities, with or without Plus/Premier. 

Judge much...my paperwork from Princess stated that gratuities were covered, just like my coming cruises (see the screenshot). Your response is highly inappropriate, that you are accusing me of stiffing the staff. Why should I pay extra, when they are offering to cover the gratuities?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, akaCruiser said:

As I mentioned when I go to the website for my coming cruise it clearly says it's covered:

image.thumb.png.516f5f08dedb7f97486ef0a56037d7ea.png

where does it say that they are covered for guests 3 and/or 4 who don't have Plus/Premier?

4 hours ago, akaCruiser said:

For me, initially they added to the gratuities to the third and forth passenger,

exactly. That's because YOUR Plus package doesn't cover grats for the passengers in your cabin who don't have Plus. And since you can remove the gratuities which are not tied to Plus/Premier package, that's exactly what you did for passengers 3 and 4.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, akaCruiser said:

Judge much...my paperwork from Princess stated that gratuities were covered, just like my coming cruises (see the screenshot). Your response is highly inappropriate, that you are accusing me of stiffing the staff. Why should I pay extra, when they are offering to cover the gratuities?

Not judging at all. I think the wording is unclear in the T&C’s and the fact of the matter is that Princess is charging the grats for 3/4 pax for everyone unless the specific pax also has Plus/Prem. That makes me think they don’t cover it. TBH, if the intent from Princess is to cover all the gratuities for up to 4 guests per cabin, then they shouldn’t be charging them. But with how they set it up, I don’t think crew is getting it. Otherwise they would be getting double the grats for rooms with 3-4 pax and we know that’s not happening. Someone in Princess accounting would have already put a stop to it because that’s money out of corporate pockets.

5 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

where does it say that they are covered for guests 3 and/or 4 who don't have Plus/Premier?

exactly. That's because YOUR Plus package doesn't cover grats for the passengers in your cabin who don't have Plus.

The screenshot that I took, if the third and fourth passengers need to pay then it wouldn't say that the promotion covers all passengers (there is no option to pay for them).

I don't think that giving you any more details is going to convince you, so I'm not going to continue to reply on this thread anymore. You can have the last word in the matter...

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, akaCruiser said:

The screenshot that I took, if the third and fourth passengers need to pay then it wouldn't say that the promotion covers all passengers (there is no option to pay for them).

I don't think that giving you any more details is going to convince you, so I'm not going to continue to reply on this thread anymore. You can have the last word in the matter...

If the first two passengers have Plus or Premier, their crew appreciation charges are covered. Third and fourth passengers' crew appreciation charges are not covered and will be billed daily. What you did was remove the crew appreciation charges for your kids. There is an option to pay for them--either in advance or by letting Princess bill them daily on their onboard account.

• Like 1

It has been 10+ years since I have sailed on Princess and all of this is new for me.

Are there three different dates when payment is due for having Plus/Premier?

1. With final cruise fare at 90 days - if selected when initially booking the cruise.

2. Immediately - if selected as an upgrade in the app.

3. Onboard, settlement of folio - if selected on day of boarding.

Thanks,

7 hours ago, Incognito1 said:

Anyone know if any of the Casual Dining restaurants include decent sushi?  I'm thinking that I could easily eat $80/day 😉

Ocean Terrace but it is not all you can eat.  Also, not on all ships.  Which ship are you going on?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Incognito1 said:

Anyone know if any of the Casual Dining restaurants include decent sushi?  I'm thinking that I could easily eat $80/day 😉

Sushi is a set menu for the package/ cover

also a la carte pricing available.

I found there was a little negotiation available to vary the set option( we were premier so that may have helped).

• Like 1

On 6/18/2024 at 10:15 PM, akaCruiser said:

ALL passengers who pay for the Promotion have gratitudes covered in their package. If guests 3/4 do not pay for the promotion they are charged daily gratuities or as OP did, the GS could remove them. Gratuities are discretionary for those on standard fare.  No one needs to judge.

• Like 1