Best way to go from London to Southampton cruise dock

4 hours ago, ElaineCT said:

What is the best way to go from London to Southampton cruise docks? we do not want to take the train but are considering Uber or a private company

Hello @ElaineCT and welcome back to the Cruise Critic message boards! I see it has been a while since you have posted.

To help you out, your inquiry has been moved to the Ports of Call - Europe - British Isles/Western Europe forum where it will be on topic. Browse through the thread titles on this forum looking for threads of interest. You may find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that may be of interest to you.

The Cruise Critic website and message boards are both great resources for new as well as experienced cruisers and we are so glad you are posting again! Please feel free to browse the Cruise Critic Community categories list of the various forums. I suggest you put the link to the page in your Favorites for quick & easy access in the future. Please read a few threads in the different forums to get a feel for what each forum is about. Make sure you read any pinned threads (aka stickies) on the top of the first page of threads in most forums. You will find very important instructions or information there. 

If you ever need technical help in regard to using the Cruise Critic message board software, go to the Need Help Using the Forums? Check Here! forum. You will see a large amount of "How to..." pinned threads toward the top of the forum's first page. Also, browse through the threads in the forum looking for threads of interest. Again, you may find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that may be of interest to you.

So sorry this is so long, but I sincerely hope this will be helpful. We are glad to have you back aboard Cruise Critic! 

Happy sails,

Host Kat

We used Twelve Transfers in 2017 for an airport transfer and will use them again in September for LHR → London Hotel and London Hotel → Southampton transfers.  The transfer to the cruise port will cost £195.00 which is at the lower end of what I have seen.  I have no problem recommending them...

5 hours ago, ElaineCT said:

What is the best way to go from London to Southampton cruise docks? we do not want to take the train but are considering Uber or a private company

Either of those work. We've used an app called Blacklane which is essentially a much more higher end version Uber that only deals with top chauffeur services and pairs you with them through the app which unlike Uber is scheduled in advance on the app. It includes all taxes and gratuities too. I think our trip from The Savoy to the dock in Southampton was $210 pounds all in. Highly recommend. 

On embarkment day, check out International Friends.  They pick up at certain London hotels with a stop at Stonehenge then dropped off at Southampton dock.

www.internationalfriends.co.uk