Holland America’s Got Talent

On our NCL cruise in March they had a AGT type show with six contestants. They were all very good with varying acts ,the showroom was packed.We really enjoyed it,the contestants obviosly had put alot of work into there acts.

• Like 1

On a recent Majestic Princess cruise from Sydney to Seattle, we had multiple passenger entertainment events including the Voice of Ocean, 3 performances of a passenger pop choir in the Piazza, and lots of karaoke.  There was some amazing passenger talent and all the events were well attended. 

• Like 1

On my very first cruise, they had a passenger talent show. There happened to be 2 students from Julliard on that cruise. No other talent show has ever lived up to that one so I eventually stopped attending them.

I would be in favor of this: Recently, I was on a Princess Cruise which had a very entertaining passenger talent show. Near the end of a 7-day cruise, they had a main stage evening performance of the six finalists (all vocalists.) The standard was very high - all performers could have been professionals (perhaps some were?) Mixed country/rock/jazz/classical and all accompanied by the ship's resident musicians. They had apparently auditioned and received mentoring/training/rehearsals earlier during the cruise. The Main Stage audience was full and seemed to all enjoy the show - I certainly loved it!

I'm an old fogey who loved (and greatly miss) the Lincoln Center on HAL. My next favorite on HAL is Billboard Onboard. I know many fellow guests loved the BB King stage, but I always found it too noisy to stay long.

• Like 1