Princess Cruisers Compare Crystal, Silversea, and Viking Ocean Cruises

RLK33853

i would just add that it was only the last few years of old Crystal when they added other musicians in addition to the pianist in the Crystal Cove and the Avenue Saloon. I guess they could have eliminated them and had a sextet instead of a duo but IMHO the other musicians change things up each night.  

Keith

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LewiLewi said:

On my last Princess cruise, two weeks ago, they had a live six piece orchestra with all of their production shows. There was also live, continuous music during the evenings in many of their lounges.

And when you stop listening to the continuous music......you are on Princess.

• Like 3

On 6/23/2024 at 6:45 PM, History&Wine said:

My answers apply to the Serenity, but are probably true for both ships. 

The pool is of decent size, enough to swim.  The depth is only 4 feet however.

Live music;  The cove has a solo piano player or violinist from about 5:00 to around midnight.  The violinist also plays there in the day for a few hours on sea days.  The Avenue Saloon has a piano player from about 6:00 until 8:00 or so and then returning at 9:00 as a singer/pianist until "late".  Dancing is most every night in the Palm Court from 5:30 to 6:15 accompanied by ambassador hosts.  Dancing returns there after 8 pr so...not sure how long.  There is often dancing in the Cove with the hosts on special occasions such as white night. 

As far as guests dancing, many do dance on special occasions such as white night.  The dancing in Palm Court generally had less than a dozen guests dancing..sometimes far less such as two or three.  But then the ship was usually sailing at half capacity or less on my just completed world cruise. 

Entertainment is generally quite good but I must say I miss the quartets Crystal had in the Cove years ago.  

On my recent Panama Canal sailing on the Serenity the duo who played the ballroom music in the Palm Court and in the Stardust Lounge, Keys & Melody Duo, were excellent.  Very talented and they actually knew what a waltz, foxtrot, and tango were as opposed to every other band on a cruise ship we encountered who had no idea whatsoever.  All of the ballroom dances were well attended and there were four ambassadors hosts who were busy dancing most of the evenings as well as being very nice guys. There were two sets of ballroom music and dancing per evening, 5:30 pm to 6:15 pm in the Palm Court and 8:15 pm to 11:00 pm mostly in the Stardust Lounge (by my request) but sometimes in the Palm Court.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

If you have to ask, the answer won't satisfy you.

I’m sure you will want the last word, but I can enjoy Princess as well as Regent and Crystal cruise ships. Each offers something that I enjoy, and that satisfies me.

On 7/4/2024 at 7:35 AM, LewiLewi said:

I’m sure you will want the last word, but I can enjoy Princess as well as Regent and Crystal cruise ships. Each offers something that I enjoy, and that satisfies me.

Mr B and I feel the same, except our three are Crystal, Viking and Celebrity.