Princess Loyalty Accelerator

Perhaps like me you mainly stay on this board on CC. If so, you may not have heard the latest from Princess. I haven’t received an email so I wonder if this is happening I down here or only in the US? 🤷‍♂️

Apparently Princess is give double Captain's Circle points to people cruising between August and December 2024 if they purchase the Princess Plus or Princess Premier package. 
As always, there will be winners and losers.

I haven’t read 8 pages of comments on the Princess board but I reckon you might want to bring your own popcorn. 🍿 🤣

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I am cruising in October with Plus and had no email regarding doubling of loyalty points in Australia. But I think the loyalty points for us are a bit of a dud anyway as especially in the lower tiers rewards are not available to us. Eg mailing of medallions or insurance perks.

• Like 3

Call e cynical, but it seems to me bit froth & bubble, to try and sell the Plus fare's.

Its ridiculous that they charge $65 for the plus fare, and  & $67.75 for the Coffee & Soda package with no extras.

They are all out trying to force people to take the Plus packages, even if the don't drink alcohol.

Crazy!

I don’t drink alcohol but find the plus package of value, once I add up all the coffees, soft drinks and mocktails with the wifi.

It is still not clear if it applies to us or not.  In the Captains Circle info it does specify the countries included, Australia being one.  It does not state whether this promotion applies to all of those countries.

I just checked out the link and it says it applies to US and non US residents and that those who have already booked with plus or premier will get an email mid July to confirm they will get double points.

• Thanks 2

The Plus package isn’t worth it for us
We don’t drink alcohol. 
We're not big coffee drinkers. DW doesn’t touch the stuff. 🤣
DW will have 1 or 2 soft drinks/day on a cruise. I try to steer clear of them. 
It’s nice to disconnect when on holidays so I’m happy not to have wifi. 

We used to buy the soda package on RCI, back when I drank softdrink but I’d get to the end of the day (especially on port days) and realise I hadn’t had 3 drinks which is what I needed to have to be ahead. So we gave that away and DW just buys a drink whenever she wants one. 🤷‍♂️ It works for us. Now we have Diamond status on RCI, so 4 drink vouchers/day. And shareholder OBC when sailing on Carnival Corp lines. 

Free laundry would be nice but I’m not chasing status. I can do a lot of laundry for $65/person/day. Heck, I might even start up a freelance laundry service on our next cruise, undercutting the cruise line. 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

The Plus package isn’t worth it for us
We don’t drink alcohol. 
We're not big coffee drinkers. DW doesn’t touch the stuff. 🤣
DW will have 1 or 2 soft drinks/day on a cruise. I try to steer clear of them. 
It’s nice to disconnect when on holidays so I’m happy not to have wifi. 

We used to buy the soda package on RCI, back when I drank softdrink but I’d get to the end of the day (especially on port days) and realise I hadn’t had 3 drinks which is what I needed to have to be ahead. So we gave that away and DW just buys a drink whenever she wants one. 🤷‍♂️ It works for us. Now we have Diamond status on RCI, so 4 drink vouchers/day. And shareholder OBC when sailing on Carnival Corp lines. 

Free laundry would be nice but I’m not chasing status. I can do a lot of laundry for $65/person/day. Heck, I might even start up a freelance laundry service on our next cruise, undercutting the cruise line. 🤣🤣🤣

I'm the same, I'm a very sparse drinker and very fussy on taste, so more often than not I don't particular like "drinks". I don't like sweet fizzy drinks or milkshakes. I'm a coffee drinker but again, a fussy coffee drinker, and resent paying for a sub-standard coffee. Also I would only drink one or two per day, at the most.

Like you, I have "cabin laundry" down to a fine art and I guarantee a 2 hour or overnight return 👕👚🩲🩳

On a previous cruise, our balcony looked down on an extended balcony housing a young family. We nicknamed the occupant "washer woman" 😄 

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, dreamin'ofthesea said:

I just checked out the link and it says it applies to US and non US residents and that those who have already booked with plus or premier will get an email mid July to confirm they will get double points.

We’re cruising on Crown Princess in Dec and have heard nothing about this until I read this thread… we booked in February and have the plus package 

1 hour ago, Sparky74 said:

I wonder if they’d give me double points if I bought Eggs Benedict every morning on P&O. 🤔🤣

2 x 🥚 points = 🥚 points

🤣

• Haha 1