Brilliance ot Seas - any MDR or other place for lunch day of departure? Avoiding the Lido Deck

8 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

I am not familiar with the UDP - Just checked and it's nearly $400 for we two. I'll pass for now. We're generally quit happy with the "included MDR" meals. Just gotta figure something out for the first day's lunch - the Solarium sounds like a winner for now.......either that are catch a bite on shore before boarding.

Doug

If that's a 7 night cruise, that's a very reasonable price.  400 divided by 14 equals 28.50, and you said "nearly 400".  Regular prices per dinner at specialty restaurants is in the $55 range.

On 6/22/2024 at 9:25 AM, jean87510 said:

Exactly what I was going to suggest and what we plan to do especially in New Orleans in December on the Brilliance and hopefully in Seward in September on the Radiance.  More of a selection and possibly cheaper, quicker and hopefully better than the limited selection in Chops and Giovannis.

Edited to add referring to eating lunch before boarding and avoiding the psychedelic maze of carryons and sheeple in the WJ.

If leaving from New Orleans (dock is adjacent to The French Quarter) there are hundreds of great restaurants within walking distance from the ship. Lunch on land will be the best meal of your cruise. Bonus would be the lines are much shorter to board the ship. 

14 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

If that's a 7 night cruise, that's a very reasonable price.  400 divided by 14 equals 28.50, and you said "nearly 400".  Regular prices per dinner at specialty restaurants is in the $55 range.

Probably true for many, but nearly $400 is a lot to pay when our main concern right now is finding a place to eat lunch on departure day. I am just too Scottish for that
savings"!😁 You are correct in your math and comparison to the typical specialty dining cost of course, but we're generally quite happy with the MDR meals included in the price. I expect we will drop by the snack place in the Solarium or that Cafe (Latitudes?) for our boarding day meal. For port days, we'll find something, either on shore or somewhere on the ship. Trust me; we will not go hungry!

Thanks to all who replied, I appreciate the information and suggestions.

Doug

8 hours ago, mexicobob said:

If leaving from New Orleans (dock is adjacent to The French Quarter) there are hundreds of great restaurants within walking distance from the ship. Lunch on land will be the best meal of your cruise. Bonus would be the lines are much shorter to board the ship. 

Yes, NOLA is chock full of great restaurants near the ship.