Celebrity from Galveston

None that I know of and I watchout for Celebrity news daily. They did port the Galaxy in Galveston several years ago before giving up (two seasons if I remember correctly). We did a Panama Cruise on the Galaxy from Galveston and it was very good itinerary (12 days as I recall). Galveston needs a good cruise line with 10-14 day itineraries.

• Like 3

Unfortunately have not heard anything about celebrity sailing from Galveston, but extremely happy that MSc has one of their newer ship’s sailing from Galveston starting in November 2025. Their yacht club is nicer than celebrity suites. 

I agree George. MSC's YC is a great product based on the two sailings that we took with them out of Miami. We felt that the cabins (MSC vs. Celebrity's Sky Suite) were very similar, but the YC as a whole product is better that Celebrity's Retreat. Also, used to be much less expensive, but not so much any more. 

We booked a MSC-YC sailing out of Galveston as soon as they became available. Since we live on the north side of Houston and can drive (& park) to Galveston we have no air costs to consider. We have seen nearly every cruise available island in the Caribbean so we do not care where the ships goes. We also typically cruise in January so the first and last days out-of-Galveston can be cool to cold. We just go to the Spa, which as you probably know, is included with for YC passengers.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2024 at 10:07 AM, sptrout said:

I agree George. MSC's YC is a great product based on the two sailings that we took with them out of Miami. We felt that the cabins (MSC vs. Celebrity's Sky Suite) were very similar, but the YC as a whole product is better that Celebrity's Retreat. Also, used to be much less expensive, but not so much any more. 

We booked a MSC-YC sailing out of Galveston as soon as they became available. Since we live on the north side of Houston and can drive (& park) to Galveston we have no air costs to consider. We have seen nearly every cruise available island in the Caribbean so we do not care where the ships goes. We also typically cruise in January so the first and last days out-of-Galveston can be cool to cold. We just go to the Spa, which as you probably know, is included with for YC passengers.

We are very similar, have done 60 something Caribbean cruises , when I booked my MSc yacht club leaving at the end of the year from Miami, I didn’t even look to see what the ports were . I am sure we will book MSc from Galveston while in board MSc later this year.

On 6/22/2024 at 10:34 AM, margeecruiser said:

Has there been any news about Celebrity maybe porting a ship in Galveston in the future?

Well... maybe there will be news on or after July 17, 2024?????

Note the following question already on the special subforum: Galveston

To go to the special subforum, click here: Q&A with Laura Hodges Bethge, President Celebrity Cruises

Also, if anyone reading this thread wants to post a question on the subforum, please note the following screen shot of the Rules for Participation at the top of the subforum:

image.png.304869bc89f16367bd8b727cbd8f22a7.png

So be sure to first browse the thread titles to see if your question or a similar version of your question has already been asked. Numerous questions have already been merged or removed because they were duplicates.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2024 at 10:34 AM, margeecruiser said:

Has there been any news about Celebrity maybe porting a ship in Galveston in the future?

Well... we have an answer:  

image.thumb.png.773cb554182590ba74fbbc346b44949f.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/18/2024 at 11:34 PM, Host Kat said:

Well... we have an answer:  

image.thumb.png.773cb554182590ba74fbbc346b44949f.png

That could also be for Utopia , Icon , Star,  Legend and the other new smaller ships they are  building . 

2 hours ago, ssb said:

That could also be for Utopia , Icon , Star,  Legend and the other new smaller ships they are  building . 

I'm just really glad to see "on the radar". It could have been "off the table"! Celebrity is my favorite of the lines I have cruised. Especially my Alaskan cruise. But then, Alaska is great no matter how you get there!