Caribbean Princess dry dock

whitecap

Does anyone know if the Caribbean Princess is still scheduled for a dry dock in October 2024 and if it is, what changes, if any, are coming? 

Do not know what changes are coming but on our last cruise May 31st Iceland and Norway, this dry dock was all the rage for the staff.  They could not stop talking about it and how they were so looking forward to the time off in October.  

9 hours ago, pink845 said:

Do not know what changes are coming but on our last cruise May 31st Iceland and Norway, this dry dock was all the rage for the staff.  They could not stop talking about it and how they were so looking forward to the time off in October.  

Thanks for the reply.  I'm guessing that the dry dock is going to be for some refreshing, paint, carpet etc.  

• 2 weeks later...

If the CB is going into dry dock in Oct 2024 instead of April 2025, that would be delightful news as we are cruising in between those dates. Checking their cruise schedule, there is a gap from Oct 20-Nov 10. However elsewhere on the boards, a respected contributor was still saying April 2025 for dry dock as recently as last month. Can anyone confirm for sure?   ( I have to say if the crew is talking about it, it must be true lol) I just don't want to give incorrect info to our group. 

12 hours ago, Wanderfully said:

If the CB is going into dry dock in Oct 2024 instead of April 2025, that would be delightful news as we are cruising in between those dates. Checking their cruise schedule, there is a gap from Oct 20-Nov 10. However elsewhere on the boards, a respected contributor was still saying April 2025 for dry dock as recently as last month. Can anyone confirm for sure?   ( I have to say if the crew is talking about it, it must be true lol) I just don't want to give incorrect info to our group. 

+1.  We are on the ship in December and it would be nice if the ship had recently been refreshed.  Would love confirmation of this!

• Like 1

Gift shop supervisor came back from meeting while I was at cash very excited and told rest of staff it was happening in October. Truly needs a refresh to replace  the myriad of carpets that have fallen victim to the sewage leaking out of pipes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, pink845 said:

Gift shop supervisor came back from meeting while I was at cash very excited and told rest of staff it was happening in October. Truly needs a refresh to replace  the myriad of carpets that have fallen victim to the sewage leaking out of pipes. 

Pink845 I take it you are currently on board.  Was there any conversation about anything other than carpets?  I assumed that with all the reports of leaking pipes there would be some new carpet installation and although the DW and I really like the CB, last time we were onboard it was obvious that furniture both in staterooms and public spaces needed some attention.  Thanks for the info.

the CB will be ported out of Port Canaveral beginning with a 4 day Thanksgiving cruise to Grand Turk,  then alternating 6 and 8 day eastern and western Caribbean cruises for the winter season.

We'll wait for the SKY P in 2025...

2 minutes ago, voljeep said:

the CB will be ported out of Port Canaveral beginning with a 4 day Thanksgiving cruise to Grand Turk,  then alternating 6 and 8 day eastern and western Caribbean cruises for the winter season.

We'll wait for the SKY P in 2025...

DW and I are booked for CB Feb 3,2025 for 14 days and Sky Princess Nov 30, 2025.  Both out of Port Canaveral.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2024 at 5:58 AM, bookie54 said:

Thinking of booking on the Caribbean Princess on Nov. 10, 2024 from Rome to Fll. Does someone know if the free sauna and steam room will still be available free? 
thanks

Yes, they still have the free steam/sauna on the Caribbean Princess. 

11 hours ago, Chad_O said:

There is much speculation that the free steam and sauna located in the men's locker room will be removed. That has been done on other ships to install an ADA compliant roll in shower. 

Are they converting the ones in the women's locker room to be co-ed so that men still have a steam and sauna option?

1 hour ago, loriva said:

Are they converting the ones in the women's locker room to be co-ed so that men still have a steam and sauna option?

It was done on one ship, the Emerald.  They were removed completely.  However, they received so much negative feedback about it that the conversion was cancelled on the Ruby last year on the dry dock or so someone posted on another thread.   

• Thanks 1

The conversion made ADA showers in both men's and women's locker rooms. I think the conversion was done on the Ruby. It seems like it was done prior to my last sailing on her but I will not swear to it. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Chad_O said:

The conversion made ADA showers in both men's and women's locker rooms. I think the conversion was done on the Ruby. It seems like it was done prior to my last sailing on her but I will not swear to it. 

Thanks.  Looking at the Ruby deck plan, the steam and sauna areas in the men's and women's changing room still appear.  There is a shared ADA restroom at the front of the spa area on the port side.  Comparing to the CB deck plan, this is where the Rasul room is located.  Not sure how popular the Rasul offering was, so maybe Princess is changing those out to make the ADA restroom?