Help me choose!

My husband and I are hoping to take a cruise through the Norwegian Fjords next summer. I have done some basic research as to the ports and know that I definitely want to see Geiranger.  We have narrowed it down to three options.  We have previously cruised on Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, and Holland America. We love nature and culture (like seeing farms, living history museums, etc.) and light hiking.  Unfortunately, we can't do any long or difficult hiking.   We also love animals, would love to see lots of puffins in the wild, but we may not be going far enough north to see that??  I loved that HAL had naturalists onboard our Alaskan cruise that gave talks about what we would be seeing, history of the area, etc.  Not sure if any of these cruiselines do that.  I would love your opinions, especially about which itinerary is best, but also appreciate comments about the ships/cruiselines.

1) MSC Euribia departing June 1, 2025 from Copenhagen, Denmark

June 2- At Sea

June 3- Hellesylt, Norway (only for MSC excursions meeting up at Geiranger

June 3- Geiranger

June 4- Alesund

June 5-Flam

June 6- at sea

June 7-Kiel, Germany

June 8-Copenhagen

2) P&O Cruises on Aurora departing June 25 from Southampton, England

June 26 & 27 at sea

Jun3 28 Nordtfjordeid, Norway

June 29 Alesund

June 30- at sea

July 1- Lofoten Islands

July 2 at sea

July 3-Trondheim

July 4- Andalsnes

July 4- Romsdalsfjord (4:30-6:30- not long!!)

July 5- Haugesund

July 6- at sea

July 7- Southampton

3) Celebrity Apex departing Jun3 28 from Southampton, England

June 29- Brussels, Belgium

June 30- at sea

July 1- Flam

July 2- Geiranger

July 3- Bergen

July 4- at sea

July 5- Southampton

I appreciate any opinions/help!  Thanks so much!

Read up on P&O and MSC. You've not cruised either of those lines nor have I so not sure what their advantages/disadvantages are.

Personally (see my signature), I think the Apex would be a good choice given that it includes both Flam and Geiranger fjords plus Bergen. I think the port in Belgium would be Zeebrugge for Bruges as Brussels is too far inland.

a couple random thoughts...

A 13 day cruise is always better than a 7 day cruise !

Do you have a preference of Southampton (perhaps visiting London) vs. Copenhagen.   I put a lot of emphasis on the departure city... flying in a few days prior you get a 2nd vacation tacked onto the first.  Both of those could be fun depending on if you have visited before / have an interest.

I have been on one MSC cruise, a few quirks that just weren't for me, so I may pass on MSC in the future; but others may like it.

I loved the Apex. 

good luck!

Aurora is a favourite ship of ours. A proper cruise ship shape with tiered stern ideal for sailaways and just the right size - about 2000 pax, two large outside pools (one with retractable roof for cold / wet weather), cosy stern pool & bar.

British , and overwhelmingly British passengers. But don't worry, their language is quite similar to yours although occasionally a regional accents is difficult even for us Brits 😃

Even in the MDR offerings includes pub favourites like fish & chips, steak pie, hot-pots and curries, but international dishes too.

British bacon is properly cooked back-bacon - not incinerated streaky stuff. You probably won't like it.

Crew are mainly Indian, polite & reserved which may incorrectly come over as unfriendly if you're used to "in-your-face"

Like most other Brit cruise lines, drinks prices are lower than on US or It ships and no drinks or daily service charges  

I think Aurora is now adults-only

---------------------

I don't know MSC Euribia but we've sailed 3 MSC ships.

MSC has the youngest fleet in the business, stylish and immaculate - you'll be impressed.

Language won't be a big problem with the crew, but sailing from Copenhagen pax will be a mix of nationalities so occasionally stilted conversations. If you prefer dinner on shared tables, ask to share with English-speakers.

Unsurprisingly pasta figures strongly on menus, but there's always a reasonable choice. I'm not keen on pasta but never had a problem. Dinners do tend to be a long drawn-out affair - not poor service just the Italian way.

If you insist on an American cruise experience you might be disappointed, but if you go with the flow you'll be fine. Note @CCJack's comment. If it concerns you, dig deeper.

I get the impression that you know your way round Celebrity better than I, and we've not sailed Apex.

Something I'm not au-fait with, but might be important and worth researching (or getting answers from CC members who know their stuff).

Norway is clamping down on cruise ships which harm the environment. (Size of ship apparently isn't relevant).

Those which don't comply with their emission standards will be excluded from 3 major fjords.

But I don't know what those standards are

- I don't know when this comes into effect

- I'm not even sure which three fjords are affected or which ports are in those fjords.

Sailed the Norwegian fjords just once. Loved it 🙂

Norway is expensive, but apart form the easier travel & loooooong coastline views cruising has the financial advantage that all or most of your bed & board & drinks will be at ship's prices.

JB 🙂