Simply More Excursion Credit Question

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

The one big problem with the O website is that there is no way to cancel a booked and paid for tour online. On one of the tours, we booked, there were 3 times we could choose for one particular tour. I booked a time that afterwards I wanted to change. There was no way to modify or cancel the tour so that I could rebook with the correct time. I ended up having to send an email to Oceania customer services to get my tour changed to the right time. On Celebrity's website I could have done this all online, without any problems. I have to disagree with you, the Oceania website is 5-10 years behind Celebrity's technology.

I agree more with you concerning the website comparison.  I also appreciate that the Celebrity website allows you to book air and constantly check air pricing on line.  (Although I hate that you have to call to cancel or make a change to the air).  I never had an issue with shore excursions on the Celebrity website.

It is a good thing that the cruise lines website has absolutely no influence on my choice of a cruise.  

• Like 4

I never had any trouble before this.  But I've never booked a package before, just a couple excursions here or there. I guess until the site's online excursion booking process is updated to include the 25% discount, things will be lumpy.  But I've called Oceania recently and had no wait to get someone who changed a few choices for me.  Afterwards they emailed me an accounting of what I currently have that itemizes retail price, SM price, and 25% off difference. It's a handy way to see your O credit balance (from Oceania Club or my TA).  In cases in which there are two or more times for an excursion, it does not list that, so I've added that. 

• Like 1

But ORV, obviously I'm not sure you'll see your TA's OBC reflected.  From the start, the system showed it under a tab in the shore excursions portion of My Account/Reservation.  And it was automatically deducted from my excursion choices.  But I don't know if my TA had to do anything to do with that or not.

20 hours ago, jagoffee said:

I agree more with you concerning the website comparison.  I also appreciate that the Celebrity website allows you to book air and constantly check air pricing on line.  (Although I hate that you have to call to cancel or make a change to the air).  I never had an issue with shore excursions on the Celebrity website.

It is a good thing that the cruise lines website has absolutely no influence on my choice of a cruise.  

We have also cruised with Holland and even their website has better excursions booking process. They also have a far superior airfare booking with Flight Ease,  you can book cancel and change flights all online without ever having to call.

You are correct, it is a good thing we don't let cruise line websites influence our brand choices,  in fact it probably is at the bottom of the list. 

• Like 1