How to turn an MSC drink package into a felony...

Stockjock

43 minutes ago, MonsterJoe said:

I totally took the thread title tongue in cheek, so I'm surprised by all the literal reactions.  Maybe I'm the one who read it the wrong way.

I get that a lot, here and elsewhere.  I try to post something fun or interesting, and title it in a creative way, but then someone has to come along and pick the post apart because perhaps it wasn't phrased or titled in the perfect way that they might prefer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/26/2024 at 12:36 PM, Stockjock said:

Many years ago, when I was much younger, I had a few dates with a pretty young lady and she had an abusive boyfriend who would get drunk and then beat her.  After she left him, we dated quite briefly.

She told me that she was thinking about going back to him, because he might want to get married and her parents loved him.  I told her that, regardless of whether we date or not, she should not be involved with a man who physically abuses her.

But...she did go back to him.

Toxic Bond…very hard to break away from in toxic relationships.

Behaviors get dismissed or rationalized. Many stay in for the “ big payout” much like a slot machine.  Hope keeps many blind to reality.

Hopefully she was able to get strong enough to move on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stockjock said:

I get that a lot, here and elsewhere.  I try to post something fun or interesting, and title it in a creative way, but then someone has to come along and pick the post apart because perhaps it wasn't phrased or titled in the perfect way that they might prefer.

I always enjoy your posts. Informative and sometimes whimsical.

i appreciate your critical reviews of your cruises also.👍

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Guindalf said:

Finally, I would like to think this is not indicative of they typical MSC passenger. We'll be on our first MSC cruise in February, albeit in the Yacht Club, and I hope this is not what we can expect!

We have no idea where this passengers cabin was on the ship.

What we do know is that "having enough money to afford a YC cabin" and "appropriate behavior" don't always go together. No more so than being in the "normal cabins" equals "bad behavior."' I'm confident that wasn't what you're implying, but I wanted to clarify.

I've never seen a passenger as belligerent and drunk as this guy, in or out of the YC (or YC equivalent)!

1 hour ago, TheBeardedCruiser said:

We have no idea where this passengers cabin was on the ship.

What we do know is that "having enough money to afford a YC cabin" and "appropriate behavior" don't always go together. No more so than being in the "normal cabins" equals "bad behavior."' I'm confident that wasn't what you're implying, but I wanted to clarify.

I've never seen a passenger as belligerent and drunk as this guy, in or out of the YC (or YC equivalent)!

Actually, this was intended as a tongue-in-cheek comment, following my first comment that this has nothing to do with the cruise line (or the class of passenger).

There is bad behavior on very cruise line and every price point. I have seen more drunkenness generally on the two Carnival cruise we've been on (never again), and we were in the Haven on the NCL Breakaway in February, where an elderly trans couple took great delight in telling us that one or other of them had to be taken to their room in a wheelchair because they were too wasted to walk on several occasions! This was at various times of the day, too, as they were missing meals while sleeping off a session of Johnny Walker Blue.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Guindalf said:

Actually, this was intended as a tongue-in-cheek comment, following my first comment that this has nothing to do with the cruise line (or the class of passenger).

There is bad behavior on very cruise line and every price point. I have seen more drunkenness generally on the two Carnival cruise we've been on (never again), and we were in the Haven on the NCL Breakaway in February, where an elderly trans couple took great delight in telling us that one or other of them had to be taken to their room in a wheelchair because they were too wasted to walk on several occasions! This was at various times of the day, too, as they were missing meals while sleeping off a session of Johnny Walker Blue.

I gotcha. I think that I took your comment more seriously than you intended, oops!

Yes, I've seen drunk people on cruises, just not as bad as that guy. Which kind of surprises me considering the number of drinks that are served daily on cruise ships 🫢😮

I have had an unpleasant feeling with such a person on a week's cruise.

Contacting people through various forums, I found a family that had children the same age as mine. Perfect because then they could be together in activities. That's how it happened and they are delighted.

Had some drinks with the parents. I always got the impression that the mother was a very correct and very sensible person but the father was a little annoying.
The fact is that on the day of sailing, he was already heavy at noon.

And I'll summarize it by saying that he started off being annoying but at six in the afternoon he was totally drunk and at midnight he bothered my daughters. My 12-year-old daughter came to the cabin with an incredible scare that, if it had been in another place and context, would have called the police (it helped me explain to her how a person who has drunk a lot of alcohol behaves and why I don't let her alone at night, which her 18-year-old sister would surely have known how to react).

Around eleven at night my daughter was at the club with this man's daughter and someone else. I asked her about her mother (whom she had not seen) and she told me that she was tired and resting in the cabin. Logical...she would be ashamed of her husband, just like this girl would be ashamed of her father.

I'm sorry but I don't like making deals with people who are drunk. It's unpleasant to me
I have had an MSC beverage package and I have only had two alcoholic cocktails a day plus the wine with meals. The rest of the drinks were always alcohol-free to prevent this from happening to me.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, TheBeardedCruiser said:

I've seen passengers that drunk, but only on Carnival.  I've also seen fistfights, but only on Carnival.  Yelling and scream matches?  Yep, Carnival.

I wouldn't say that I'll never cruise Carnival again, but it is fair to say it's not my first choice and a cruise line that I try hard to avoid.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/27/2024 at 6:15 PM, Stockjock said:

She said her parents were watching "my kids", not "our kids", if I heard her correctly.  This suggests that they could be her kids from a prior relationship.  Obviously, I don't know for certain.

She did say our kids, too

• Like 1

On 6/29/2024 at 1:07 PM, Stockjock said:

I wouldn't say that I'll never cruise Carnival again, but it is fair to say it's not my first choice and a cruise line that I try hard to avoid.

Oh, no, allow me to personally say that I will NEVER cruise Carnival again. That's all.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You should read a Live from on the Celebrity board by @GenerationX.  Three short cruises B2B and on first day of third cruise two men were so drunk early that they cut them off and bartender called security.  Next day at Coco Cay one of them was so drunk he vomited in one of the pools with a swim up bar.  Had to be drained and cleaned.  EM

• Like 1