Alaska excursions

We just booked Alaska for June 2025. I know we’re a year out but there are surprisingly few excursions available right now. Is it just too soon? I feel like there are usually plenty of Caribbean excursions available early on. 

6 minutes ago, Celialeah98 said:

Best deals are the Friday after Thanksgiving sale ( usually released that week) if you want to book RCCL excursions.

Sometimes. But I'm just trying to find out when more excursions will be released. Right now there are only 1 or 2 per port. 

We went to Alaska in August 2008 on RCCL on a radiance class ship from Vancouver to seaward. We did post cruise land tour.  

I booked most tours independently ( cruise portion)So I recommend looking at independent excursions at each port also.  For our Norway fjords cruise July 2023, some of the tours I booked independently or with RCCL did not open for booking  until between Nov 2022-Jan 2023.

Happy planning!

• Thanks 2

With several Alaska ports recently setting daily passenger limits, schedules might be changing. They might be waiting for things to firm up.  

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, DrDani226 said:

But I'm just trying to find out when more excursions will be released.

You'll need to wait and keep checking. You can use the web tool hack to see what excursions are available on this season's sailing and assume the same will be available next year.

• Thanks 1

I am going to Alaska this August 2024.  My experience was that a lot of the excursions didn't start showing up until about 330 days out.  Even then, some were added, some disappeared only to reappear a few weeks later.  I have double booked one RCI excursion and a private excursion for one port.  I may give the RCI excursion to my nieces as it was a great price.  The other two stops I am doing private excursions.  I used RCI as an overview and actually found two of the identical excursions much cheaper going directly to the tour operator.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

I am going to Alaska this August 2024.  My experience was that a lot of the excursions didn't start showing up until about 330 days out.  Even then, some were added, some disappeared only to reappear a few weeks later.  I have double booked one RCI excursion and a private excursion for one port.  I may give the RCI excursion to my nieces as it was a great price.  The other two stops I am doing private excursions.  I used RCI as an overview and actually found two of the identical excursions much cheaper going directly to the tour operator.

Can I ask what private your operator you’re using? Have you used them before?

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, DrDani226 said:

We just booked Alaska for June 2025. I know we’re a year out but there are surprisingly few excursions available right now. Is it just too soon? I feel like there are usually plenty of Caribbean excursions available early on. 

I always recommend this co for whale watching in Juneau.   
Small Female owned co. small boat so not many people onboard (6) 

Edited by Cruise5life
  • Like 1

A lot of the private operators are not taking bookings yet for 2025, so cruise lines don't know what is available yet either.  Our current favorite is Alaska Shore Tours - they cover several ports.  Sort of a consolidator - they own several tour companies and contract with others.

• Thanks 1