[Live!] Discovery Princess to Alaska (6/29-7/6/24)

Each cruise I have gone on, I do the Love Boat thing...hoping to find "that one special person" hanging out on the dance floor.  No such luck.  But one can always keep dreaming.

You are re-inventing yourself.  Good time to pick and choose what you want to keep and what you want to discard.  So many here have been your support group.  Same with their advice...take what will work for you...modify the others.

I feel that I can say "we" are all rooting for you.  You will have to keep us updated on this thread or on another "live".  

Good Luck.  Your honesty is very refreshing.

• Like 5

@KarmaCruisers

You r on vacation, after a major life event--give yourself some grace!

We were on the Regal for 28 days in April. For the most part ate & drank what we wanted. 

But between walking all over a large ship & walking in ports--2 lbs gained! I can deal with that!

You will get back home & get back to all the routines. Enjoy yourself for now!

I do recommend walking into Victoria. As you exit the port area, follow the sidewalk left. Maybe a quarter to a third of a mile down the road is the wharf area with counter restaurants with FRESH seafood. Walking & local fresh seafood--HIGHLY recommend.

PS Do you like salmon? Have they had different salmon every day (not just different preparations but different KINDS). It was one of the best parts of sailing Princess to AK vs. RCCL.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Each cruise I have gone on, I do the Love Boat thing...hoping to find "that one special person" hanging out on the dance floor.  No such luck.  But one can always keep dreaming.

You are re-inventing yourself.  Good time to pick and choose what you want to keep and what you want to discard.  So many here have been your support group.  Same with their advice...take what will work for you...modify the others.

I feel that I can say "we" are all rooting for you.  You will have to keep us updated on this thread or on another "live".  

Good Luck.  Your honesty is very refreshing.

And I appreciate all the support. (Even the haters)

I’ve got four more cruises this year, so definitely a lot more lives…and if the good Lord deems a woman to come into my life, then it’ll happen as it’s supposed to.

• Like 7

I’ve enjoyed your recent live from posts. Thanks for sharing your experiences. I agree with @KKB, get off and walk around in Victoria. Easy beautiful port to explore. Turn right, ocean on your right if you just want a serene walk by the ocean with beautiful houses and flower gardens. Turn left, ocean on your left for town. Go straight if you just want to explore! Lots of beauty!

Re doing your hair, being known for your tshirts, and finding who you really are as a newly single adult, I really like watching  the Queer Eye Netflix series, and many are “Queer Eye for the Straight Guy”. VERY educational and emotional. Easy short episodes to watch on an airplane. I also really have enjoyed the blog “Less of Lee” and his journey of creating a more healthy and active life. Not easy, and he’s super honest about his stumbles and setbacks. Also very educational!

Enjoy your last few days on a great ship! Try the sushi! Go to the yes/no game show and the marriage match! 

Edited by kluv2cruz

I've been enjoying all of your trip reports. I admire you for the progress you have made in making to improve your health and wellbeing. I know what a divorce train wreck can be. I know you're hurting and want to feel loved and wanted again. I hope you are getting the advice that it might not be a good idea to look for another partner right away. You said you "were not in a good place" when you met your ex, and it seems like that didn't turn out too well. Take your time and focus on what you want/should be and want in a partner, and the perfect mate will appear without looking for them. You've done a fantastic job with your healthier eating/drinking and don't worry about indulging on your cruise!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KKB said:

@KarmaCruisers

You r on vacation, after a major life event--give yourself some grace!

We were on the Regal for 28 days in April. For the most part ate & drank what we wanted. 

But between walking all over a large ship & walking in ports--2 lbs gained! I can deal with that!

You will get back home & get back to all the routines. Enjoy yourself for now!

I do recommend walking into Victoria. As you exit the port area, follow the sidewalk left. Maybe a quarter to a third of a mile down the road is the wharf area with counter restaurants with FRESH seafood. Walking & local fresh seafood--HIGHLY recommend.

PS Do you like salmon? Have they had different salmon every day (not just different preparations but different KINDS). It was one of the best parts of sailing Princess to AK vs. RCCL.

Thanks.

yeah; I’ve been to Victoria before, but Nic and Jason haven’t…so we’ll probably just walk in to town, so they can say they did.

I eat Salmon, yeah…we’ve been eating so much seafood on this trip we’re laughing that we’re going to get iodine and mercury poisoning, haha.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I think it was easier on The Love Boat because the Island Princess and Pacific Princess were so much smaller - easier to find "that one special person." Nowadays, the special person might be on another deck looking for you, or in an aft elevator going Up while you're going midship going Down.

And then of course, The Love Boat had a script . . . 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, KarmaCruisers said:

And I appreciate all the support. (Even the haters)

I’ve got four more cruises this year, so definitely a lot more lives…and if the good Lord deems a woman to come into my life, then it’ll happen as it’s supposed to.

My question is what kind of job do you have that gives you enough vacation time to do 7 cruises in a year ? 

Just kidding 

I’m very blessed to work for a unicorn who got purchased because we were going to distrupt the market so wildly. 
It’s basically unlimited PTO combined with WFH three day a week. (Any three we choose), and it pays well to boot.

I feel very blessed and happy that (for the most part) I’ve made the right choices in my life.

• Like 3

In today's age of technology...take a leap of faith.  Have your email card/slip of paper with the cruise date.  If you should see her again.  Slip it to her without any conditions.  Not as personal as a phone number.  It's in her court.  Everyone could use a new friend.  I'm just a very friendly person.  You have humor on your side.

• Like 1

Just now, cr8tiv1 said:

In today's age of technology...take a leap of faith.  Have your email card/slip of paper with the cruise date.  If you should see her again.  Slip it to her without any conditions.  Not as personal as a phone number.  It's in her court.  Everyone could use a new friend.  I'm just a very friendly person.  You have humor on your side.

So the actual girl I’ve been hanging out with (photo in this thread); believe me I went out of my way to “spit my game”, and she straight up told Nic and Jason (when I went to the bathroom) “I’m just looking for friends.” 
I think she said that because when I went to the bathroom; I sneaky sent her a text that said “pssst..I think you’re cute”, and I think she said whoa whoa whoa.

but it is what it is..this other girl is a young one (probably in her 20’s; I’m 42)

I just want to get out of obese and then overweight, so I can actually look for a partner who is as active in a healthy lifestyle as me…

• Like 4

I’m late but just caught up. Enjoying your review. 

Try to stop being so hard on yourself. I’m glad you may have your gambling under control and have support for that. 

in your pictures you certainly don’t look obese to me. 

Enjoy your last few days!

Wishing you all the best on your new happy journey!