[Live!] Discovery Princess to Alaska (6/29-7/6/24)

12 minutes ago, KennelGoddess said:

Is that chocolate and sprinkles on the OUTSIDE of the glass?? Oh MAN, am I in trouble! Good thing Princess Plus Package limits me to just two a day!! I’m going to have to swim MILES when I get home!!

The chocolate and sprinkles are not edible.  Just for looks, you can't scrape it off the glass.  Labor intensive and useless.  I've had my one and done.  Might be "forced" to try it again with my newbie sister.  

• Like 2

Just now, KennelGoddess said:

Is that chocolate and sprinkles on the OUTSIDE of the glass?? Oh MAN, am I in trouble! Good thing Princess Plus Package limits me to just two a day!! I’m going to have to swim MILES when I get home!!

Haha yeah; luckily we’ve been banging out 5 miles a day! Almost walked probably 35 miles this cruise!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KarmaCruisers said:

Oops

Were you able to lick it off?  Have you tried the "volcano"?  Old term/children's menu.  Vanilla and/or chocolate, banana, chocolate syrup (no hot fudge), whipped cream, cherry, walnuts.  I eat it to get my fruit in for the day.  I think it is called "make your own sundae" in the MDR.  I think they also have strawberry and maybe pineapple.

• Like 1

Too bad your cruise is so "short".  Just when you get into the swing of things, it's time to pack up.  So happy your cuz/DH came along with you.  

Now to buy yourself some Carnival Cruise Stock (100 shares) for On Board Credit.  

Hope you are cruising between August 1 and December 1 for all those extra points.

Just now, cr8tiv1 said:

Too bad your cruise is so "short".  Just when you get into the swing of things, it's time to pack up.  So happy your cuz/DH came along with you.  

Now to buy yourself some Carnival Cruise Stock (100 shares) for On Board Credit.  

Hope you are cruising between August 1 and December 1 for all those extra points.

7 days is plenty (I’ve got a cat at home)

yes; I am grateful they came along; it’s been nothing but side-splitting laughter the entire time.

I bought 100 shares when it takes at $9.30.

yes; two cruises between 8/1-12/1, 21 days total.

• Like 4

We’re listening to the guitar player at Crown Grille Bar now.

Then at 10:30 we’re going to watch the Marriage Match game.

Probably sleep in tomorrow; for some damn reason my legs below the knee are swollen like balloons and do this when I cruise (they didn’t on my last cruise on the Celebration)

So I’m thinking it’s maybe drinking (because I don’t drink usually, like AT ALL; but I’m with my cousins who are functional alcoholics, haha {but I love em})

• Like 1

So there’s a fellow suite guest; who looks literally like Larry David; and we happen to see him and his wife literally everywhere we are (at breakfast, at dinner, suite lounge, etc)

We finally spoke to him the other day, haha; so we’re still seeing him everywhere..it’s funny because they have to be on the SAME schedule as us..and have to of thought the same thing about us (before we spoke to them)…thinking “how do we see these same three people EVERYWHERE!?” Haha

just a funny story

• Like 2

11 hours ago, KarmaCruisers said:

Probably sleep in tomorrow; for some damn reason my legs below the knee are swollen like balloons and do this when I cruise (they didn’t on my last cruise on the Celebration)

So I’m thinking it’s maybe drinking (because I don’t drink usually, like AT ALL; but I’m with my cousins who are functional alcoholics, haha {but I love em})

Do you drink lots of water on the ship - like regular ice water? I found that when I was drinking lots of "ship water" my ankles would swell considerably. But when I switched to bottled water (thank you drink package) it was much better. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, ccqueenanne said:

Do you drink lots of water on the ship - like regular ice water? I found that when I was drinking lots of "ship water" my ankles would swell considerably. But when I switched to bottled water (thank you drink package) it was much better. 

That’s an interesting observation…both I guess? I’ve drank bottled water, but also at meals I drink a few glasses of “ship” water…I wonder even though it’s desalinated, somehow it’s got just enough salt to make my legs swell…

We slept innnnnn today. We went to bed at midnight (really 1am because we lost the hour back to PST) and are just waking up now at 10:45am.

We’re going to go use our last meal “credit” for the plus package; at Ocean Terrace.

Then do the sad thing of packing for debarkation.

• Like 2

@KarmaCruisers when you’ve been sailing previously on Princess or any other cruise line do you typically have leg swelling? I would just imagine it is all the salt in the food on the ship that you’re not used to at home. But who knows. just continue to keep walking and just drink bottled water ( plus package) from now until you depart and see if that makes any difference, but I would think it would be too much salt in the food ? Check the sodium content on the bottle of water, it’s usually lower than tapwater but… not enough to make much difference in most people.

if your leg swelling doesn’t go down by the time you get off the ship, then you may need to go see somebody about that, don’t ignore it.

enjoy your day today.

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, arizonaperson said:

@KarmaCruisers when you’ve been sailing previously on Princess or any other cruise line do you typically have leg swelling? I would just imagine it is all the salt in the food on the ship that you’re not used to at home. But who knows. just continue to keep walking and just drink bottled water ( plus package) from now until you depart and see if that makes any difference, but I would think it would be too much salt in the food ? Check the sodium content on the bottle of water, it’s usually lower than tapwater but… not enough to make much difference in most people.

if your leg swelling doesn’t go down by the time you get off the ship, then you may need to go see somebody about that, don’t ignore it.

enjoy your day today.

No; and oddly my legs only swell on princess (on carnival in May; my legs didn’t swell at all..but then again I didn’t walk five miles a day AND I ate a lot smarter, and did cardio 3x on that cruise)

It also could be from the drinking, I drank a lot on this cruise. (On carnival I didn’t drink really anything other than water).

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KarmaCruisers said:

No; and oddly my legs only swell on princess (on carnival in May; my legs didn’t swell at all..but then again I didn’t walk five miles a day AND I ate a lot smarter, and did cardio 3x on that cruise)

It also could be from the drinking, I drank a lot on this cruise. (On carnival I didn’t drink really anything other than water).

ice?

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, KarmaCruisers said:

Wait a minute ….I thought at the beginning of your Live from there was going to be no drinking ( you & cousins husband) to minimal drinking🤣. i’m definitely not the food police ,gambling police, or the alcohol police but…

I know I go on vacation/ cruises to eat & drink and not do my normal routine per se. Live life.

We’ll enjoy your day.

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

Wait a minute ….I thought at the beginning of your Live from there was going to be no drinking ( you & cousins husband) to minimal drinking🤣. i’m definitely not the food police ,gambling police, or the alcohol police but…

I know I go on vacation/ cruises to eat & drink and not do my normal routine per se. Live life.

We’ll enjoy your day.

That was the plan..but me and Jason started drinking with Nic, haha.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@KarmaCruisers if you have time and feel like it, will you please check OceanNow and see if the Chef Salad gives you the option to leave off the cheese? I am also curious if the sandwiches have that option listed too. If you don’t have time or you don’t feel like doing it then that’s OK too. I was told that this would be worked on and just wanted to see if it has happened yet or not. Thanks much so much. 

2 hours ago, KarmaCruisers said:

That’s an interesting observation…both I guess? I’ve drank bottled water, but also at meals I drink a few glasses of “ship” water…I wonder even though it’s desalinated, somehow it’s got just enough salt to make my legs swell…

Maybe next cruise, bring compression socks? 

• Like 1