Celebrity Transfer Voucher Issue

Hi, we will be departing for cruise on the Constellation next Friday, We have flights and transfers booked both way as a package with Celebrity but booked via travel agent. My cruise ticket booklet only has a transfer voucher for the return leg, Contacted travel agent 3 times now over the last 2 weeks and they have been in contact with Celebrity who confirm transfer is booked and will update my ticket booklet.  6 days to go and voucher still not there. Will I have a issue at Venice airport boarding the transfer bus without a ticket? I assume they have a list of booked passengers.

I can't contact celebrity direct as booked via a agent. Don't want any issue at the airport as flying out on cruise departure day.

4 minutes ago, holidaylover10 said:

Hi, we will be departing for cruise on the Constellation next Friday, We have flights and transfers booked both way as a package with Celebrity but booked via travel agent. My cruise ticket booklet only has a transfer voucher for the return leg, Contacted travel agent 3 times now over the last 2 weeks and they have been in contact with Celebrity who confirm transfer is booked and will update my ticket booklet.  6 days to go and voucher still not there. Will I have a issue at Venice airport boarding the transfer bus without a ticket? I assume they have a list of booked passengers.

I can't contact celebrity direct as booked via a agent. Don't want any issue at the airport as flying out on cruise departure day.

THAT is the risk you take when booking with a TA. You do not control the booking that YOU are paying for. You are not the customer of the Cruise Line, the TA is. You are a customer of the TA. Many people feel the perks they get from the TA is worth it. If all goes well, I agree, but if there is ANY problem then you are at the mercy of the TA. Hope it all works out for you. Enjoy your cruise. 

• Like 2

While I imagine that no one on Cruise Critic has experienced this e act issue and therefore a definitive answer is not possible I suspect you are correct that they will have a list of the passengers to expect.

how about trying this as a suggestion?  Since you booked and paid for a transfer tell the travel agent to arrange a private transfer for you AT HIS EXPENSE.

and tell him that if there is any snafu at the airport and you need to arrange a last minute taxi that you will expect him to cover the cost😀

Definitely need to put more pressure on the TA, hopefully this is not a big box one.  I always use a travel agent, can't beat the group rates and other perks.  Used the same one for last 10 years. 

Posted (edited)

My bet is that if you did not have a TA you would call yourself and be given the same answer as your TA got. 

Every cruise line rep we have seen or experienced at airports greeting cruisers for transfers have had a list of passengers. 

Edited by jelayne
  • Like 1

Thank you for the replies, I will have to call the agent again on Monday morning.

Three times the travel agent has contacted Celebrity and each time they have said they are working on it and the ticket would be updated in the cruise documents in the next 24 to 48 hours. 

"its so frustrating"

Have you tried looking in the app. They sometimes list the transfer there under excursions. They usually have a list by name at the airport. You can also look at your account history you might find something there. Then you can take a picture on your phone in case you have any problems at the airport you have something to show. I always worry about pick up at the airport it’s very stressful.

3 hours ago, Boston lab girl said:

Have you tried looking in the app. They sometimes list the transfer there under excursions. They usually have a list by name at the airport. You can also look at your account history you might find something there. Then you can take a picture on your phone in case you have any problems at the airport you have something to show. I always worry about pick up at the airport it’s very stressful.

Nothing in the app, managed to get hold of travel agent today, they have requested Celebrity send them the voucher to pass on to me, have to phone again tomorrow at 3pm if voucher not forthcoming. Not holding my breath for a resolution. 

On 6/29/2024 at 9:03 AM, cruisestitch said:

While I imagine that no one on Cruise Critic has experienced this e act issue and therefore a definitive answer is not possible I suspect you are correct that they will have a list of the passengers to expect.

how about trying this as a suggestion?  Since you booked and paid for a transfer tell the travel agent to arrange a private transfer for you AT HIS EXPENSE.

and tell him that if there is any snafu at the airport and you need to arrange a last minute taxi that you will expect him to cover the cost😀

That is a little harsh since the TA has been responsive and is at the mercy of the cruise line's slow response to update the documentation.  I don't see fault with the TA.

44 minutes ago, holidaylover10 said:

Nothing in the app, managed to get hold of travel agent today, they have requested Celebrity send them the voucher to pass on to me, have to phone again tomorrow at 3pm if voucher not forthcoming. Not holding my breath for a resolution. 

Have you looked at the Order History section of the Cruise Planner on the website.

All purchases pre cruise are reflected there.

13 hours ago, DebbieActon said:

Ask your TA for the guest copy of the Celebrity invoice.  It will show the purchase of both transfers on there. He/she will have easy access to that.  It might not be a voucher but it is proof of purchase.

I have the celebrity invoice with the transfers included. Just the worry the celebrity rep at airport will insist on the voucher. See what happens today.Screenshot_20240701_091836_AdobeAcrobat.jpg.5f8e2058b582a9a4253b8deea4caac6f.jpg