Apex MDR help required.

I received a email today inviting me to watch a "before you go" seminar with Lois Charters, which I think is aimed solely at UK guests,

She stated that we will be allocated a MDR, and those wishing to visit either of the four MDR's, must have booked "select".

I did not see an option to book select, only all inclusive, which I did not book as I neither want a drinks package or wifi.

Every online video I have watched shows cruisers visiting all four MDR's with no mention of a select fare having been purchased.

Can anyone shed any light on this, as surely one of the main attractions is being able to choose where you want to dine on any given evening.

Select is not a fare choice unlike all included which does have a higher fare.  
When booking you normally have 3 dining choices:

Select ( also referred to as anytime)

Fixed Early seating 

Fixed Late Seating.

Depending upon when you book one of more of the options may have already filled up. 

With the 4 MDRs each has a different decor.  Each of the 4 have some “exclusive” menu items.  Initially you could only order those items if you were seated in the dining that offered those choices.  That caused passengers to want to move around to get a particular entree or started.  Now it doesn’t matter which dining room you are in you can get any item from any of the 4 MDRs at all if them.  

If you would prefer Select dining contact your TA or Celebrity if you booked direct and see if you can switch.

• Like 1

Thanks Jelayne. The only choice available on booking was late seating. 

I'm sure I read on here that when folks arrive on board there is a note in their cabin which tells them there is no fixed dining and it is all anytime. Is this not on all ships/sailings?

1 minute ago, Trevor Fountain said:

Thanks Jelayne. The only choice available on booking was late seating. 

I'm sure I read on here that when folks arrive on board there is a note in their cabin which tells them there is no fixed dining and it is all anytime. Is this not on all ships/sailings?

That was the case for quite awhile.  Recently there have been reports from some passengers that had Fixed Dining that when they arrived in the cabin there was info on their assigned dining room and table.  I don’t know if this is on all 4 E class ships or not.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

That was the case for quite awhile.  Recently there have been reports from some passengers that had Fixed Dining that when they arrived in the cabin there was info on their assigned dining room and table.  I don’t know if this is on all 4 E class ships or not.

So this info contradicts everything in the other thread then ? 

Oh, well , we'll find out for ourselves in September what exact  dining situation we will be in , currently late , 8.30pm out of Southampton. 

1 hour ago, heatherb1958 said:

So this info contradicts everything in the other thread then ? 

Oh, well , we'll find out for ourselves in September what exact  dining situation we will be in , currently late , 8.30pm out of Southampton. 

Recently Celebrity has become adept at changing things frequently, sometimes reversing the changes a week or 2 later or experimenting with things on one ship.  Difficult to know what to expect.

• Like 1

On the Beyond and Ascent, it was Anytime Dining all week long. We also got early dining but was told to ignore that.  Computer issue....

Celebrity used to tie in freedom dining with the requirement to pay gratuities up front at time of booking.  We have done two GTY cruises with them, first one offered freedom, second didn't as we were very late booking and we ended up early sitting 5.30pm.  This was far too early, some afternoon excursions did not arrive back until 5pm!  This now appears to have changed,

We have been allocated late sitting for September cruise but have no issue with 8.30pm.  We will however be making enquiries at Concierge lunch about options for freedom dining.

• Like 1