Help! First ever cruise on Odyssey & confused about reserving shows & activities

JoolsM

Hi. Sorry if these are stupid questions but I am taking my first ever cruise in August with my family of 7 on RCCL Odyssey from Rome. It has cost us a lot so I am anxious to make the most of it but I feel all at sea (excuse the pun) with reserving seats for shows or knowing whether we can reserve slots for Flowrider etc. in advance. The RCCL website seems to suggest you can but I have been in Cruise Planner & so far it is only showing private sessions to book on FlowRider & one show called The Book available to reserve. Our cruise departs on 04/08/2024. I am too early or are the things not available to reserve in advance after all? Do I need to wait until we are onboard? Thanks for the help.

5 minutes ago, JoolsM said:

Hi. Sorry if these are stupid questions but I am taking my first ever cruise in August with my family of 7 on RCCL Odyssey from Rome. It has cost us a lot so I am anxious to make the most of it but I feel all at sea (excuse the pun) with reserving seats for shows or knowing whether we can reserve slots for Flowrider etc. in advance. The RCCL website seems to suggest you can but I have been in Cruise Planner & so far it is only showing private sessions to book on FlowRider & one show called The Book available to reserve. Our cruise departs on 04/08/2024. I am too early or are the things not available to reserve in advance after all? Do I need to wait until we are onboard? Thanks for the help.

As @Biker19 would say,"Welcome to Cruise Critic."

Only certain shows are available for reservations according to the ship you are on.

You state your cruise departs on 04/08/2024, I assume this is a wrong date or you missed your sailing.

08/08/2024 sounds better if you are cruising this August.

Only certain activities can be booked ahead of time and you are on the right track by checking your cruise planner on the internet. I would keep checking everyday. What you see is what you can reserve until you get onboard the ship (or in the cruise terminal close enough to connect to the ship's wifi).

I am sure others will chime in shortly for my answer is brief.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JoolsM said:

The RCCL website seems to suggest you can but I have been in Cruise Planner & so far it is only showing private sessions to book on FlowRider

The only show you can book is the one in 270. Other than the paid sessions, you just line up at the Flowrider, nothing to book. 

We leave on the Oasis from Rome August 8th and was able to book the main shows (Cats, ice skating, water, and one of the the RCI theater productions) last week, not on the app but on my desktop.     Was surprised that it opened up so early so, as a previous poster mentioned, keep checking.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JoolsM said:

There is only one thing to book pre cruise on Odyssey.  That is the show "The Book" in 270.  All other shows are first come first served.  There are other things to book once you are on board but can only be book once on board.  iFly, Northstar and Zone Zero become bookable on the app once you are onboard and hooked up to Royal's internal intranet. If you use a VPN turn it off or else the app acts like you are not on the ship.  

As was previously mentioned the Flowrider is just lined up for.  Sea days will be busy most of the day.  If you go to the earliest sessions you will have the shortest lines. I've also found late times... apx. 4:30 - 5:30 to be pretty quiet as well. 

Enjoy your cruise... Odyssey is a great ship.

• Like 2