Best option PPT-TUS

laurieb

Looking for opinions and advice please; considering two options for 1/25/25 flight PPT TUS, Delta One or Air Tahiti Nui business class (this is AA code share).  Would the Delta One tickets allow us to use a lounge while waiting for our flight to TUS?  I had read elsewhere that the Tahiti Nui lounge wasn't available to tickets purchased as AA codeshare.

Posted (edited)

On the AA ticket, assuming you'd be changing planes at LAX, yes, you'd have access to the AA lounge (Admiral's Club) at LAX.

Can't speak to Delta but would imagine you'd have access to the DL lounge there too.  

Edited by Gardyloo
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, 6rugrats said:

Delta does not fly this routing. PPT-LAX is an Air France flight.

Not according to DL website.  The evening flight is Delta One; morning flight is Air France

Delta will be operating PPT-LAX on three days during the winter time.  On 1/25/25 both the Air France flight and the Delta flight will be operating.  The Air France flight is on an A350 which looks to be a nice business class hard product.  The Delta flight is on a 767-300 which they are retrofitting with a decent product; however, the old one (which I've flown) is not very nice.

Delta will provide lounge access on a domestic connection to/from a Delta One or Skyteam intercontinental flight provided that the domestic connection is also in the premium cabin.

DL Lounge Access rules:  https://www.delta.com/mea/en/delta-sky-club/access

Air Tahiti Nui operates their 787-9 which does not offer all aisle access, but otherwise is fine.  It's not the best hard product out there but it is fine (I've flown it on another route). 

American only provides lounge access to International First/Business class flights marketed AND operated by American, a oneWorld airline or flights marketed by Aer Lingus and operated by American.  Since Air Tahihi Nui doesn't fall into any of these categories, no lounge access would be provided by AA.  Over the years there have been reports on other forums of Air Tahiti Nui denying lounge access to travelers booked on AA codeshares.  There is also a vague reference to this on their website.  I would not expect to have lounge access in LAX in this scenario unless you have an Admirals Club membership or are a non-AA/AS oneWorld Emerald/Sapphire.

AA lounge access rules:  https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/clubs/admirals-club-access.jsp

Another option you may consider is United via SFO.  They fly their 787-8 which is a decent product.  Since you'd be connecting from a United Polaris flight, you would have access to the Polaris Lounge in SFO.

Thank you for your response!  You answered a lot of my questions.  

The Delta flight is Delta One, so it would have been retrofitted?

4 hours ago, laurieb said:

Thank you for your response!  You answered a lot of my questions.  

The Delta flight is Delta One, so it would have been retrofitted?

Not necessarily.  Hopefully they would operate a retrofitted aircraft on a legitimate Delta One route, but there are no guarantees.  

So, the diagram on the website for this flight does show an older configuration, not the new Delta One seats that are truly private.  You think the old configuration isn't worth it?  

Booking directly with ATN is thousands less expensive; we fly business now but I've never flown in first and thought this might be a good time to try it.  Maybe not?