Hibachi Lunch?

Can't seem to find a place to book Hibachi for my Wonder cruise in Sept.  What is the price difference between Lunch and Dinner? 

I can book lunch on wonder for early feb 2025. It took a while to show up.

Last black friday all the lunches were on sale 40% off except hibachi was only 20% off. Right now I'm seeing 15% off. Thinking hooked? Lunch is only open sea days not port days. 

Here are the lunch prices in the planner for wonder for my feb cruise.

20240705_090118685.jpeg

20240705_090135226.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

JMO but we usually eat one of our dinners and often a lunch at Hibachi and in our experience we have not found the per person advance credit through the planner to be a good value as Hibachi (with the exception of their typically one fixed offering) is a la carte and we have never reached or exceeded that amount with our per person a la carte selections.  In the above lunch example we would find it hard to equal the $33.99 pp by a la carte - even if that amount is for a "fixed" offering.  Again, JMO - your results may vary.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

53 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Can you use the BOGO for the Hibachi lunch or does it depend on the ship?

If you are referring to the D+ BOGO, that is typically used with dinners and I don't believe Hibachi is included.  We have never used the BOGO for lunch.

1 hour ago, leaveitallbehind said:

JMO but we usually eat one of our dinners and often a lunch at Hibachi and in our experience we have not found the per person advance credit through the planner to be a good value as Hibachi (with the exception of their typically one fixed offering) is a la carte and we have never reached or exceeded that amount with our per person a la carte selections.  In the above lunch example we would find it hard to equal the $33.99 pp by a la carte - even if that amount is for a "fixed" offering.  Again, JMO - your results may vary.

Izumi (Sushi)is a la cart.  Hibachi (teppanyaki) is a set price.  Two different things

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Izumi (Sushi)is a la cart.  Hibachi (teppanyaki) is a set price.  Two different things

Correct and I was incorrectly referring to Izumi.  Good catch.  But I stand by my position regarding Izumi - LOL.

58 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

If you are referring to the D+ BOGO, that is typically used with dinners and I don't believe Hibachi is included.  We have never used the BOGO for lunch.

We have successfully used the BOGO for lunch multiple times.  MY question was whether it is good for Hibachi.

9 minutes ago, yogimax said:

We have successfully used the BOGO for lunch multiple times.  MY question was whether it is good for Hibachi.

Hibachi is specifically excluded from bogo, so I'd assume they mean lunch or dinner. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Hibachi is specifically excluded from bogo, so I'd assume they mean lunch or dinner. 

That's kind of what I expected.  Thank you.

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

Sorry, guess I should have said we typically use it for dinner.  But I did think it was excluded either way.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, yogimax said:

Google has this, I tried to copy and paste but wouldn't let me so i circled it. 

Hooked also excluded hmm. Not sure izumi in the park is. 

But hibachi listed as excluded.

I had trouble with wonderland on harmony, dont see it listed as excluded. 

20240705_164134.jpg

16 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Just to add, here is that same information as provided by @firefly333 in a PDF that may be easier to magnify, etc.  There is also a second page you can scroll to with fine print details regarding the different benefits.

RCCL C&A Benefits.pdf 861.94 kB · 3 downloads

I notice it lists as a benefit exclusive access to call center staff members for D+ and P.  Is this still a benefit?  Using the "9" trick didn't work for me.

21 hours ago, yogimax said:

I notice it lists as a benefit exclusive access to call center staff members for D+ and P.  Is this still a benefit?  Using the "9" trick didn't work for me.

I have not called that recently so can't say from personal experience but I have heard that no longer is an option.  If so, maybe they just haven't updated the C&A benefits page.

• Like 1