Making dinner reservations with the Princess App for an upcoming cruise: A question

My wife and I have Platinum status in the Captain's Club. 

I tried making dinner reservations for my wife and I on our upcoming cruise at the end of September using the Princess App.  Is it not working yet?

I got an error message when I tried to make a dinner reservation in one of the main dining rooms for a specific time.  (I did it successfully before they cancelled all the reservations on the app).  Do I have to reload the app onto my phone to get it to work for me?

Supposedly, the dinner reservation function on the app was to be up and running on July 1.  Was it delayed again?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Boiler Cruiser said:

My wife and I have Platinum status in the Captain's Club. 

I tried making dinner reservations for my wife and I on our upcoming cruise at the end of September using the Princess App.  Is it not working yet?

I got an error message when I tried to make a dinner reservation in one of the main dining rooms for a specific time.  (I did it successfully before they cancelled all the reservations on the app).  Do I have to reload the app onto my phone to get it to work for me?

Supposedly, the dinner reservation function on the app was to be up and running on July 1.  Was it delayed again?

Thanks!

Try the web version,maybe that will work?

so your cruise is September 2024 that you’re trying to make dining reservations for? Quite a few people have experienced not being able to make reservations. Keep trying, contact your travel agent if you have one, use a different computer use a different phone, etc. If you’re able to get into the app, perhaps you’re trying for 5 PM and it’s full already .try for a different time ,try for a different dining room, etc. but perhaps you’re not able to get into the app at all? 

yes, frustrations for many all-around

I was not able to do it on app so I called the 800 number (dining extension) and they were able to do it for me for a December 2024 cruise, but not for 2025 Sun Princess cruise that is more than a year away.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Except for Coral, one dining room is for two fixed seatings.  Only the early seating shared tables.  One is for walk up only - thus no reservations allowed.  The 3rd seating every 20 minutes thru 8:40.  Shared for 5ish.  The rest private tables ony; though I expect to be asked if we would share.

Booked on the app.  It would not let me book dining until I was fully checked in.

Expect lots of things willchange once on board.

We are not Platinum or Elite.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat

This is what  information I have based on CC members experience in booking.

Coral Princess 

Provence-Traditional 5 pm ( shared table)& 7:30 pm( private table)

Bordeaux- reservable 5 pm-8:40 pm every 20 minutes(early dining times you may share a table or have a private table and the later times private table only)  & Walk ins

3 hours ago, chrysalis said:

Take a look at some of the threads on the first couple of pages here....

Or any of the other 15 threads on the same subject. 🙂

18 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

we are platinum, and I made ATD reservations for our May 2025 cruise a couple of days ago. I even to go choose a shared or private table.

We are both Elite, our sons are both Platinum, we and still can not make rez for traditional dining on Sun for Nov 2025. Was told by rep it was too early.

3 hours ago, tothemall&beyond said:

We are both Elite, our sons are both Platinum, we and still can not make rez for traditional dining on Sun for Nov 2025. Was told by rep it was too early.

maybe, it's just the traditional dining option that is wonky. We don't like to eat early or late - our ideal time is 6:20-6:30 pm.