Victoria Clipper to Seattle

Has anyone used the Victoria Clipper fast ferry to get from Victoria to Seattle.  Thinking of doing the Clipper ferry from Victoria to Seattle for a cruise on Encore.  The ferry is scheduled to dock in Seattle (near the NCL Ships) at 2:15.  Any problems with timing getting to and checking in for the cruise.

I do not think that it is doable.  Too many things can go wrong.

The Victoria Clipper is located at Pier 69 and the Bell Street Terminal is at Pier 66.  The Edgewater Hotel is in  between the two (very much a tourist attraction--lots of slow moving foot traffic).

Not worth the risk.

• Like 2

I think the Encore sails at 5 pm, so if everything goes perfectly to plan/schedule, then it should work.  The Clipper could be delayed due to wind/high waves if weather is stormy, but hopefully it will be on time.

The distance between Pier 69 and Pier 66 isn't that much, so that shouldn't be an issue.  I would have handy the contact phone number for the pier (Port Agent), so if there is a delay, you can keep the terminal folks updated, and they may be able to delay the pulling of the gangway for a few minutes in hopes of getting late arrivals on the ship.  You should find the terminal contact phone number in your boarding documents that are sent to you via email.

That said, it always recommended that you arrive the day before your cruise.

Good luck!

1 hour ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

The Clipper could be delayed due to wind/high waves if weather is stormy, but hopefully it will be on time.

This. We've been delayed twice in the last two times we used the Victoria Clipper (although we were headed in the opposite direction as the OP). The one time we had to slow down due to sea conditions which delayed us over an hour and the second time our departure was delayed due to conditions. 

Of course agree with the wisdom of coming the day before but if you do choose to come the day of this way I would find a much earlier Clipper departure. Your alternative if things go sideways will be to book a very expensive last minute float plane. 

• Like 1

To add to this, if you chose the fast ferry; do not pick the VIP seats. You will be the last to go through customs and it will take over an hour. We made that mistake last time, I’d go for the economy seats. 

• Like 1