MDR reservations bump out Specialty Dining reservations.

Just an FYI. I had pre-reserved our Specialty Dining for next year’s cruise. When MDR reservations became available, I booked Traditional Dining. Doing that bumped out all my Specialty Dining resos. Took a few days, but my CC was refunded and I’ve been able to rebook those without it effecting my Traditional bookings. But I wanted to let others know, in case you weren’t aware. 

Inconsistency again!  I rebooked my MDR TD and DMW on different cruises and it did NOT bump out my SD bookings.

So, thank you for suggesting everyone to check those reservations. Who knows?

Posted (edited)

I think…. Not 100%.
If you book specialty dining before traditional ,I think when you go to book traditional, you have to book it for every night that you don’t have a specialty booked and not click the box that says entire voyage. Perhaps the issue?

Probably the same issue ? If you book traditional first  & click the box that says entire voyage and then you go to book specialty ,it might not let you?

Anyone had issues with speciality bookings for one or two nights along with the rest of nights in the reservable every 20 minute time slot restaurant?

Edited by arizonaperson

In my case, I was so eager to get the Traditional locked in, I didn’t pay attention to anything else. Once that was done, the refunds to my CC came pretty quickly, and then rebooking the Specialty on specific nights wasn’t an issue. 

• Like 1

I booked traditional dining for the entire cruise and my specialty dining is still there.  It actually showed both dining so deleted the MDR reservation and all is well. 

9 minutes ago, sabookkeeper said:

I booked traditional dining for the entire cruise and my specialty dining is still there.  It actually showed both dining so deleted the MDR reservation and all is well. 

Same here!