EDGE Naturalist now Brent Nixon, along with Mary Amanda Fairchild - Destination Historian

Celebrity has had wonderful naturalists on board their Alaska bound ships.  The very talented Celia Garland was on the Edge for the first part of the Alaska season, now fan favorite Brent Nixon has joined the Edge crew/staff.

Encouraging all passengers to take the time to sit in on these fun, informative presentation made by these very talented speakers.  

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Love Brent! He was a joy to meet and learn from! 

By chance do you know who is on the Solstice?

Leaving in just over a week, 

Patty

Edited by cw2go

12 minutes ago, Mrs_Tiki said:

We are embarking on Edge 8/2, any idea if Brent will still be onboard then?

Yes, he is scheduled to stay on the Edge until the last Alaska Edge sailing (mid September).

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cw2go said:

By chance do you know who is on the Solstice?

Sorry I don't know who is on the Solstice.  It looks like Celia Garland will be working with Orbridge Travel for about 4 week beginning at the end of this month.  She then joins the X Summit for that ship's remaining Alaska season.  

• Thanks 1

Currently on the ship. I was initially disappointed to see that we just missed Celia, but I went to both of Brent's talks yesterday and loved them! He may be my new favorite (though it is close with Milos - I had him on the Eclipse in Antarctica earlier this year)

Anyone else enjoy the lack of hot water on the ship this morning? As morning showerers, that put a real damper on our first port day

• Like 1

Also on Solstice coming up.  Noticed there are no presentations with naturalist shown in daily activities.  Are those added once on ship?  Does the naturalist do daily presentations?  Thanks for any input.  

5 hours ago, Esv104 said:

Also on Solstice coming up.  Noticed there are no presentations with naturalist shown in daily activities.  Are those added once on ship?  Does the naturalist do daily presentations?  Thanks for any input.  

The app will load a day before or the day of boarding. The times will also be published onboard. In my experience the presentations aren't daily but there will be several, they're great and usually focused on the port you're visiting. 

Patty

On 7/6/2024 at 1:59 PM, Ferry_Watcher said:

Yes, he is scheduled to stay on the Edge until the last Alaska Edge sailing (mid September).

Any idea if he’s going to stay on to Australia?

On 7/12/2024 at 11:09 PM, mauimary said:

Any idea if he’s going to stay on to Australia?

I asked Brent and Miss Mary Amanda yesterday and they said that they will be on the northbound Australia cruise next April 2025.

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...