Repricing cruise before final payment date, "Flights by Celebrity" and Cruise booked together

563toM

I have a April 2025 cruise booked where I have added the "Flights by Celebrity".  I have repriced the cruise to a lower price twice and both times my TA has had to call Celebrity because she couldn't reprice it because the flights are added to booking.  The flights are paid in full and this is the first time that I have ever booked flights thru Celebrity but it may be the last as this problem needs to be addressed.  All other cruises I have repriced take no more than 20 minutes to complete but I am being penalized because I have included the "Flights by Celebrity".  

You have  already paid FBC?  These tickets are not due until the cruise final payment date. That might be the problem. I use FBC and never had this problem if I changed flights. But I never pay until cruise final payment date. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 39august said:

You have  already paid FBC?  These tickets are not due until the cruise final payment date. That might be the problem. I use FBC and never had this problem if I changed flights. But I never pay until cruise final payment date. 

Typically that is correct, but some international flight carriers require payment with the booking.   All other FBC T's & C's would remain the same as I understand it.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Just now, leaveitallbehind said:

Typically that is correct, but some international flights require payment with the booking.   All other FBC T's & C's would remain the same as I understand it.

Have never once run across this, and > 50% of our FBC have been international.  Is there any particular logic as to which flights are pre-charged and which are charged only at final payment?

@563toM

Am curious - where are you going and on what airline that required up front payment for the air?

Just now, canderson said:

Have never once run across this, and > 50% of our FBC have been international.  Is there any particular logic as to which flights are pre-charged and which are charged only at final payment?

@563toM

Am curious - where are you going and on what airline that required up front payment for the air?

My understanding is it is only with a few carriers and perhaps you have just not used those particular ones.  I don't think there necessarily is a basis in logic, and I don't have the specifics on which carriers, etc., but as I understand it some in their arrangement with FBC have that as part of their T's & C's relative to the fares offered. 

7 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

My understanding is it is only with a few carriers and perhaps you have just not used those particular ones.

Could be that it's just minor carriers that don't participate.  All of our flights have been on major carriers with one of the three major 'alliances'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canderson said:

@563toM

1 hour ago, leaveitallbehind said:

My understanding is it is only with a few carriers and perhaps you have just not used those particular ones.  I don't think there necessarily is a basis in logic, and I don't have the specifics on which carriers, etc., but as I understand it some in their arrangement with FBC have that as part of their T's & C's relative to the fares offered. 

The only time you have to pay at the time of booking is if you buy a nonrefundable fare. 

12 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

The only time you have to pay at the time of booking is if you buy a nonrefundable fare. 

I've never had FBC offer one vs. the other (refundable vs. non-refundable). 

2 minutes ago, canderson said:

I've never had FBC offer one vs. the other (refundable vs. non-refundable). 

They are out there but seem offered less and less. Any rate that is missing the little *Risk Free icon under the price is nonrefundable. 

• Like 1

On 7/7/2024 at 9:34 AM, 39august said:

We are flying United Airlines over to Amsterdam and they didn't require full payment in order to assign our seats.  We are flying Air Canada for the return flight and with only a deposit they would only "hold" seats for us.  If we wanted to select our seats before the final payment was due we had to pay it in full.  Since the flights are over 12 hours each way we elected to pay in full so we were able to sit together for both flights.  I tried to pay in full for just the return flight but it's all together.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 563toM said:

We are flying United Airlines over to Amsterdam and they didn't require full payment in order to assign our seats.  We are flying Air Canada for the return flight and with only a deposit they would only "hold" seats for us.  If we wanted to select our seats before the final payment was due we had to pay it in full.  Since the flights are over 12 hours each way we elected to pay in full so we were able to sit together for both flights.  I tried to pay in full for just the return flight but it's all together.

Yup.  United is one of the easiest to deal with in this regard.  Once you get involved with any of the rest of the 'Star' Alliance, it becomes a real PITA.  It's a particular problem on popular overseas flights when by the time X actually books the tickets, some seats are hard to find in pairs.

Edited by canderson