Booked a cheaper flight after full payment

dns65

Posted (edited)

Hello folks, figured I'd poll the crowd before subjecting myself to the call centre for clarification...

I have a November cruise booked and fully paid.  Today I noticed that our flights had dropped by almost $1000 so I rebooked them.  My booking now shows a credit of $905.   

What will happen to the credit balance?   Will they make it OBC?  Or will they post it to my credit card?  Or do I have to call and have them do something??

Has anyone ever had this experience and if so, how was it handled?   Please advise, thanks folks 

Edited by dns65

Did you use EZ Air to rebook your flight?  Final payment is early?  You should receive a refund if you are still at least 45 days out.  If you do not see something on your form of payment in 10 - 15 BUSINESS days, then call them.

19 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Did you use EZ Air to rebook your flight?  Final payment is early?  You should receive a refund if you are still at least 45 days out.  If you do not see something on your form of payment in 10 - 15 BUSINESS days, then call them.

Thank you for the response.  Yes, I did EZAir and we aren't even at 90 days so a long ways out.  I will monitor and if I don't see something in 3 weeks I will call.   

• Like 1

@dns65, this is my recent experience with doing a refare of a flexible EZAir reservation, resulting in a credit balance on my booking. Some passengers have reported the credit card was refunded promptly, but for me the credit just sat in my booking for weeks. I called EZAir which is the number you will find in your travel summary if you have enroute delays. They kept telling me the refund was ‘in process’. 

Finally after my third call I said, someone needs to look at this as it has been ‘in process’ for 6 weeks. Finally my booking does not show the credit balance and I am hoping I see the credit on my credit card soon. 

I hope you do not have to go thru a similar scenario.

For peace of mind, I would call EZAir to verify they have initiated the refund to your credit card or method of payment you used.

Just now, wallyj said:

For peace of mind, I would call EZAir to verify they have initiated the refund to your credit card or method of payment you used.

Thank you, I will wait a few business days and see what happens and call in one week if its not being processed. 

20 minutes ago, dns65 said:

Thank you, I will wait a few business days and see what happens and call in one week if its not being processed. 

Please review current thread ‘Silly Princess Service People’.

My recent experience for a May voyage was that nothing was happening until I asked my CVP and initiated the refund.  I was told that it would be instant if I just had the credit applied to another cruise on the books which I did.  The credit card refund will take some number of business days and the refund process is not automatic.

I'm watching this with interest as I have a similar situation. It's nowhere near an amount that I'm going to take time out of my day and sit on hold with a rep that likely is clueless. Currently, my booking shows a negative balance and that has sat there for about 3 weeks now. I'm fine if it gets applied as onboard credit, so will wait it out!

Any negative credit balance due to a passenger on a Princess booking will stay on a booking until someone on the initiates a refund and correctly initiates a refund at that.  No one from Princess is actively checking for negative credit balances on bookings paid in full, so the passenger has to get the ball rolling by contacting Princess, their TA, or their CVP.

This happens to me a lot because I can usually refare the EZAir portion of my cruises to a lower airfare after final payment.  Once I make the new EZAir booking and the credit balance appears on the cruise booking, I e-mail my CVP to initiate the refund for the overpayment as a result of the reduction in airfare.  If you have an great CVP, as I do, the refund will show on your CC within a few days.

Anyone partaking in this should save a copy of their Travel Summary as proof that their booking had a negative credit balance before initiating the refund process in case something goes wrong.  When the negative credit balance disappears from the Payments sections of the booking, it means the backoffice processed the refund and it will appear on your CC in a few days.