Drink package upgrade

My friend and I are booked on a cruise to Alaska in May 2025.  We currently have the Free at Sea Beverage package.  Wondering if we should upgrade to the Premium Plus Beverage Package.  We like to drink Tanqueray and tonic.  Last year we were on a Celebrity ship and had the beverage package but because we didn't have an upgraded package, we couldn't get Tanqueray.  My friend also likes to have chocolate martinis.  Wondering if we stick with the drink package we have will we not be able to get these?  

If you like the higher end drinks then I would definitely say go it. Just got off the Breakaway and had upgraded my drink package and definitely enjoyed the $29 glasses of champagne and Expresso Martinis 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, OCVTSGIRL said:

My friend and I are booked on a cruise to Alaska in May 2025.  We currently have the Free at Sea Beverage package.  Wondering if we should upgrade to the Premium Plus Beverage Package.  We like to drink Tanqueray and tonic.  Last year we were on a Celebrity ship and had the beverage package but because we didn't have an upgraded package, we couldn't get Tanqueray.  My friend also likes to have chocolate martinis.  Wondering if we stick with the drink package we have will we not be able to get these?  

Just spent 9 days drinking Tanqueray with basis FAS drink package.  It is included along with several other gins.

Vodkas included Absolut, Tito's Sky and several others.

1 minute ago, drew69 said:

Just spent 9 days drinking Tanqueray with basis FAS drink package.  It is included along with several other gins.

Vodkas included Absolut, Tito's Sky and several others.

I just found a list on the NCL website that showed which alcohols were included with each package and I was happy to see Tanqueray included in the basic package.  I think we're going to stick with what we have.  We wouldn't take advantage of the high end drinks.

3 hours ago, OCVTSGIRL said:

Drinks included with the default package. Save your money. Don't upgrade.

image.thumb.png.1600bd2d731965cfec7194218cae3405.png

image.thumb.png.eac671a11354a9088966a1415b44d353.png

image.thumb.png.a9207131cc021d707a89c6b10b15ab01.png

Drinks with the upgraded package (your pay the difference between $15 and the price of the drink)

image.thumb.png.28d2ef20559531b3a327992012961f92.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Drinks included with the default package. Save your money. Don't upgrade.

image.thumb.png.1600bd2d731965cfec7194218cae3405.png

image.thumb.png.eac671a11354a9088966a1415b44d353.png

image.thumb.png.a9207131cc021d707a89c6b10b15ab01.png

Drinks with the upgraded package (your pay the difference between $15 and the price of the drink)

image.thumb.png.28d2ef20559531b3a327992012961f92.png

hi.  how old/new is this list.  I'm asking to find out if they have switched out the macallan onboard.  I'm used to them having the terra, quest, and enigma at $50 per shot.  Did they switch to the 12 year old?

2 hours ago, OCVTSGIRL said:

I just found a list on the NCL website that showed which alcohols were included with each package and I was happy to see Tanqueray included in the basic package.  I think we're going to stick with what we have.  We wouldn't take advantage of the high end drinks.

If you want to get a chocolate martini (or two) you would just pay the difference from the regular package.  So if it is $16, you would pay the $1 difference plus the 20% gratuity. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/8/2024 at 10:35 PM, dbrown84 said:

hi.  how old/new is this list. 

It's pretty recent. The one NCL put out on 7-3/24 has Bailey's on the standard unlimited, it used to be Premium

On 7/8/2024 at 10:35 PM, dbrown84 said:

hi.  how old/new is this list.  I'm asking to find out if they have switched out the macallan onboard.  I'm used to them having the terra, quest, and enigma at $50 per shot.  Did they switch to the 12 year old?

May 2024

• Thanks 2