E-Ticket - What am I missing?

claudiaYVR

I have completed all of the guest information for my August 21 booking under My Bookings on the Crystal website but when I click on E-Ticket it gives me a message that says "Please complete the GIF to obtain the e-ticket". Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks!!

I had the same problem for my July Symphony cruise. I called Crystal and was told it was a software problem when they would correct it. They did and I was able to access my eTicket with a few hours

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, claudiaYVR said:

when I click on E-Ticket it gives me a message that says "Please complete the GIF to obtain the e-ticket". Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks!!

Are you sure you’ve completed everything in the Guest Information Form? - there’s several pages of questions there now 

IMG_1925.thumb.jpeg.c0288649203c9d19c016781f3766fbed.jpeg

Claudia, no worries.

You cannot print your e-ticket until 120 days prior to the cruise.

Instead of saying something like that when you click on the e-docs it says "Please complete the GIF to obtain the e-ticket".

I confirmed this with Crystal about 10 days ago and they are going to change this to say something like e-tickets will be available 120 days prior to the cruise as what they say now is very confusing.

Keith

2 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

But her sailing is on 21 August - so it's well within the 120 days - so that's not the issue

3 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Claudia, no worries.

Instead of saying something like that when you click on the e-docs it says "Please complete the GIF to obtain the e-ticket".

I confirmed this with Crystal about 10 days ago and they are going to change this to say something like e-tickets will be available 120 days prior to the cruise as what they say now is very confusing.

Keith

Sorry Claudia.

I meant to say you cannot print your e-ticket until 30 days prior to your cruise.

I had 120 days on my brain because you can't book reservations until 120 days prior to the cruise.

Sorry for any confusion.

Keith

Actually if you have completed all of the documents you don’t have to print the e ticket.  On our last two cruises they didn’t even look at our documents .  They just  looked up our name and suite number when we arrived and checked us in.  I know it is probably better to have them printed and available but it isn’t necessary.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TRIPACIAN said:

Actually if you have completed all of the documents you don’t have to print the e ticket.  On our last two cruises they didn’t even look at our documents .  They just  looked up our name and suite number when we arrived and checked us in.  I know it is probably better to have them printed and available but it isn’t necessary.

not a good suggestion.  Many ports check this before you enter the check in area.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, PaulMCO said:

not a good suggestion.  Many ports check this before you enter the check in area.

I agree.  Just best to have them just in case.

An example could be Port Everglades. I know they used to ask for this to enter the port. Even if they don't anymore some ports will.

Keith

• Like 1

15 hours ago, claudiaYVR said:

Hi @Stickman1990 yes everything is complete. I will call Crystal tomorrow, hopefully they will sort it out per kjeffr8212

Thanks,

Hi Claudia - I too am experiencing the same issue and have completed all paperwork and my cruise is the one immediately before yours (Aug 11th).   Please do let us know if the issue was resolved... I booked directly with Crystal and my alleged TA has gone MIA despite several attempts on my part to reach him via phone and email.

30 minutes ago, canadianINtexas said:

Hi Claudia - I too am experiencing the same issue and have completed all paperwork and my cruise is the one immediately before yours (Aug 11th).   Please do let us know if the issue was resolved... I booked directly with Crystal and my alleged TA has gone MIA despite several attempts on my part to reach him via phone and email.

You are not within 30 days of the cruise.  So give it a couple of days. 

24 minutes ago, TER777 said:

And mine is July 30, same problem. 

I've just sent your example to my contact at Crystal who said 30 days out you can view them. Obviously no in your case.

Probably a good idea to have your TA reach out to Crystal about your situation if you haven't done so.

Keith

Hi all,

I called Crystal (reservations line), told them what was going on and they "pushed" the e-ticket by email to me. The e-ticket is also available now on the Crystal website under my booking.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have continued to be in contact with Crystal about this and they are working to resolve the issue so that this function works as designed and you can get your e-tickets 30 days prior to the sailing. In the meantime as Claudia did just have your TA call Crystal or if you book directly with Crystal call them and yes they can push this through.

In my case, my TA provides me with the e-tickets too and other relevant things including some really good instructions from Crystal about items related to arriving to the airport we are flying to. For our upcoming cruises I learned a few things I need to present arriving to one of the countries that is different than what we needed a few years ago. Very easy stuff but nice I can have the information ready. For another country I learned that we need to provide some information on line shortly prior to arrival to speed up the arrival. As organized as I am I am unsure I would have known this without having received it from Crystal via my TA.

Crystal advises printing out your e-ticket or putting it on a smart phone.

Like most things people will do what they prefer.

Me I am not old school but when it comes to this I do print it out. I do believe in Murphy's Law and don't want to take a chance that my iPhone has a hiccup. And I don't want to have another person touch my phone if I can avoid that.  

Keith

• Like 1