Vista arrives in Southampton 8 am…

What does O say for earliest flight time recommendations? If you have to be at Heathrow 3 hours before to check in, I would say tight because you are at the mercy of Port Security and a bus load of people hauling their bags to the bus and filling the seats, travel time and day of arrival and then you have to get to the Airline check in desk.
Our Brit O family will provide the best info on travel time from Southampton, hour or so as I recall. 

To me, if you are tied to that 1:00 flight, I would plan to schlep your own bags to get off asap as soon as the announcement is made the ship is cleared. I would be taking a private transfer and hustle 👍🙏🤞JMHO

Good luck,

Mauibabes 

• Like 4

Normally the ship arrives in Southampton earlier than that time and everyone supposed to be off the ship by 9 am. So, all Oceania transfers leave before that. Last time we had the flight out of Heathrow at 12:45. We used Oceania transfer and arrived at the airport with plenty of time to spare in the lounge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You'll find many discussions about Southampton to Heathrow journeys on the British  Isles ports of call sub-forum. According to Google Maps, "on the road" travel time is about 80/90 minutes but that doesnt take into account any traffic delays on the M3/M4 motorways, which could well occur at that time of the morning, heading towards London Whilst I think this is doable, it could well be very tight and I'd second Mauibabes suggestion of arranging your own private transfer, etc.  You'll find plenty of transfer suggestions on the sub-forum.

Sorry not to be able to offer further advice but my route home from Southampton is a different direction from Heathrow, so no experience of that route.

What's your attitude to risk, and do you have travel insurance that will cover missing the flight?

You "should" be able to make a flight at 1300, but you have a number of risk factors.

Your ship should dock by 0800 but that is not guaranteed, occasionally vessels dock late.

Your transfer uses some of the most congested roads in Europe, and even a small shunt can cause massive queues.

Booking your own flight means you carry all the risk if that flight changes.  Airlines do retime flights, and might move it forward.  A more frequent occurence than you might imagine.

All quite small risks, but the cost of missing that flight is presumably very high...  All down to risk appetite

• Like 2

Another consideration is the port(s) prior to SH. Last time in, we came from the continent and had to clear British immigration before exiting the ship. Immigration showed up late and we didn’t get off the ship until after 10:00. Then the security lines at Heathrow were over an hour.

When people talk about “walking off the ship”, that may or may not be possible.

• Thanks 1

If the 1:00pm flight works best for you consider flying out on the same flight the next day (or two).  This assumes you have the time and do not mind the extra cost.  Staying over in London a day or two relieves you of the stress of worrying about making your flight and gives you play time in a fabulous city.

• Like 1

Theoretically yes, BUT as other’s have pointed out, there are things that could potentially delay you.  Traffic is always an unknown quantity.  Personally, I wouldn’t risk it if you can get a later flight.  

The M25 is a nightmare at the moment and it's  the summer holidays so most roads are rammed. Train is a possibility (if the drivers don't go on strike - again). I honestly would not risk it.

IMG_2607.png

I assume same for Oceania, as Azamara.  Our recent Azamara transfer left at 9 and arrived at 11.   We actually arrived at Heathrow at 10:30, but had to stop at other terminals before going to our terminal.

11 minutes ago, roberts2005 said:

I assume same for Oceania, as Azamara.  Our recent Azamara transfer left at 9 and arrived at 11.   We actually arrived at Heathrow at 10:30, but had to stop at other terminals before going to our terminal.

A rather coy posting. Perhaps some facts surrounding your trip could add meaning. Things such as 1. What day of the week did you arrive? 2. Were you coming from a British port having already cleared immigration, or did you have to do a face to face with British Immigration before disembarking? Do you believe either of those details matter?

We’re headed out of Denver Int’l tomorrow (Friday ) afternoon going up into the mountains on I-70. Do you believe the traffic to be the same on Friday afternoon as say a Tuesday afternoon? If one was arriving at the same time from an international flight, would that affect how long it took from arrival? Why would one post any results without those accompanying facts? 

I’m not picking on you directly, so please don’t take offense. So many posts are done here with absolutely ZERO background facts that may be extremely relevant to the situation.

• Like 2

It was a Thursday, June 20th.   We cleared immigration in Guernsey.   Azamara had earlier buses, we wanted the latest one as our flight was at 3:00.  

I understand you are not picking on me, just that you like to be critical,   Any amount of information, even incomplete can be helpful.  The major point of my post was that you can possibly spend up to a half hour at Heathrow while the bus stops at other terminals, not how long it takes to get to Heathrow.

• 3 weeks later...

We disembarked Oceania  Marina July 16th 2024 in Southampton.

We had been given a disembark time of 8:30am ( We had a private transfer through Oceania to LHR ) 

We actually disembarked at 7:50am and on the way to the airport at 815am. 
In the lounge by 10:45am. 
our flight was 2:15pm 
We flew from Terminal 5 which is rather a hectic terminal. ( We currently live in the UK so it was a domestic flight with BA) 

Others disembarked before us so it’s definitely doable for a 1pm flight 
It takes about 90 minutes to get to LHR from Southhampton and that’s with traffic.

Biggest recommendation private transfer from Southampton to LHR through Oceania even if you do your own flights (we did our own flights ) 

Southhampton cruise terminal is very well organized.

The staff at the cruise terminal know who has private transfers ( your luggage tag identifies this ) Our luggage tag on disembarkation was Black they informed us our driver had not yet arrived when we picked our suitcases up in the terminal.

They even had our names on large white sheets to give to the drivers as they arrived.

Easily visible to us at the exit of the terminal.

• Thanks 1

Oceania uses Horizon terminal at Southhampton.

If you mean you are staying on the ship you just get off like any other port. 

They will scan your card and off you go.

Even though we disembarked in Southhampton some stayed on the ship for B2B cruises.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruisingagain2022 said:

Oceania uses Horizon terminal at Southhampton.

If you mean you are staying on the ship you just get off like any other port. 

They will scan your card and off you go.

Even though we disembarked in Southhampton some stayed on the ship for B2B cruises.

Thanks.

I'm glad I asked, as the map I was using was an older one and didn't have Horizon marked.

I see it is between Mayflower and City Terminals.

Thanks for confirming the 'in transit' info.