Cruise/Travel Insurance

momofmab

Greetings!

I was wondering if experienced Explora cruisers could help me with travel insurance.  Does Explora offer this option when booking a cruise?  I have a cruise on hold and don't recall seeing it offered as an add-on.  If not, where do you go for the best deal?

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, momofmab said:

Greetings!

I was wondering if experienced Explora cruisers could help me with travel insurance.  Does Explora offer this option when booking a cruise?  I have a cruise on hold and don't recall seeing it offered as an add-on.  If not, where do you go for the best deal?

Thanks!

We always use a 3rd party - Travel Insured, Allianz, Travel Guard, etc. Find it to be better coverage for the same or less money. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2024 at 1:08 PM, momofmab said:

Greetings!

Thanks!

My travel agent told me Explora doesn't offer travel insurance. I compare policies at SquareMouth.com.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Our TA provides travel insurance but I have also used insuremytrip.com for cruises and always for land trips (similar to Square Mouth which I've look at for a quote but found more variety and less-expensive plans on my stand-by). Insure My Trip has very good customer service if you need to make any changes or even to transfer a policy from a canceled cruise to another cruise (this can be done in most cases). We sometimes use Insure My Trip to add an extra policy for additional medical coverage only. It's very inexpensive if that's all you need.

• Like 3