Tipping question re Seattle shuttle black car from hotel to pier 66

Two of us have reserved a car from Seattle shuttle to take us from airport hotel to pier 66 for NCL Bliss.

Assuming the driver assists with luggage, both from hotel and at pier what is a reasonable amount to tip him/her? I have absolutely no idea, so all suggestions are appreciated.  Thanks, Anita

4 minutes ago, Jetswdo said:

Assuming the driver assists with luggage, both from hotel and at pier what is a reasonable amount to tip him/her? I have absolutely no idea, so all suggestions are appreciated. 

Is there gratuity in your fare? If so then you're covered. 

Generally I would tip $2-3 a bag for them to load and unload your bags if it were me. 

I don't think tips are included.  I always tip generously to the stevedores by the ship----

but I don't know what the total tip should be including our bags, regarding the car ride.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jetswdo said:

I don't think tips are included.  I always tip generously to the stevedores by the ship----

but I don't know what the total tip should be including our bags, regarding the car ride.

For a taxi, Uber, limo or car service standard tip in the US is 15-20% of the fare. For the "black car" services I've used 20% is standard. It should have nothing to do with baggage handling as with any black car service I've used the driver routinely loads and unloads the bags. For taxis and Ubers that may not always be true, in which case I would tip a bit less...15% rather than 20%.

Some limo/black car services automatically add a 20% tip on, in which case you don't need to tip anything additional. You need to check if the fare you've been quoted includes the gratuity.

Any tip for baggage handlers at the cruise port has nothing to do with the tip for your driver. 

Edited by njhorseman

I've always been a generous tipper-  I'm checking with Seattle Shuttle Express to find out if basic gratuity is already included--- If that is the case, which I hope, I still always give some kind of cash tip for good service---  I am also generous with the stevedores to make sure that our luggage makes it on the ship---

So,  as long as the driver helps us get the two large suitcases to the stevedores, which is routine? for him/her to do-- is $10 reasonable to give as a tip (assuming basic gratuity is included with the fare)   If no tips are included for the driver in the price,  then 20% of the fare would be the correct gratuity- (including luggage assistance)-- I just want to make sure that I have enough cash on hand.