Anthem of the Seas

28 minutes ago, Jon lea said:

Attached is my sail pass.

In RCI terms that is a SeaPass card, not a SetSail pass. If the planner or app let you make MTD reservations pre-cruise that's an IT glitch that's not supposed to be that way. That same glitch may have shown up in the system on the ship which is why they would ask you to use the MTD system for dining.

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Jon lea said:

Attached is my sail pass.

After complaining for 3 nights  on day 4 we were finally given this table number every night in the Icon restaurant

sail pass.pdf 149.14 kB · 9 downloads

Nowhere it says My Time Dining.

its looks like Traditional Dining (assigned). Second shift.

IMG_1327.jpeg

Edited by Tatka

48 minutes ago, Tatka said:

Nowhere it says My Time Dining.

its looks like Traditional Dining (assigned). Second shift.

IMG_1327.jpeg

💯 % what they say ^^^^!

This is not MTD.  This is Traditional dining at 8.30 - same table same waiter every night. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

We were on Anthems TA at the end of April,early fixed dining for the first time,great food & wonderful service at a lovely window table in Icon,our waiter gave us a speech a number of times about scores,managed to switch off most nights but on the last night all the tables around us were empty so we were easy prey!

Not as irritating as when the wait staff burst into a song & dance routine,now that was cringe making,didn't see any mention of that in the survey!

I’m wondering if Anthem is an exception. We just boarded this morning. I had picked my time dining and made reservations for 6:45 each night. When we got to our cabin we had a note that says “We’ve saved you a seat “ it goes on to say they have reserved a table for 7:00 for all evenings this sailing.

My sea pass card has the same information.

At one time I read some ships were going to 3 set time dining. Is it possible that they moved some who picked the same time each night to the middle set time?

If I find anything out I’ll let you know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ATG said:

Is it possible that they moved some who picked the same time each night to the middle set time?

Yes, but very unlikely for the OP who had 8:30 PM (late) dining on their SeaPass card. 

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Jon lea said:

Attached is my booking - it clearly says Anytime dining.  

That is the TA invoice, not RCI's (even though that could be the same). The booking also could have started as MTD and then you were moved to fixed late dining (by request or not) before the sailing.

Edited by Biker19

32 minutes ago, Jon lea said:

I do not know why you are all arguing with me.  Attached is my booking - it clearly says Mytime dining.  

booking.pdf 161.97 kB · 5 downloads

But your seapass card which is your key to everything on board the ship clearly does not state MTD. It shows you on a set table at a set time which is traditional dining.

Knowing that TA I wouldn't put it pass them to make errors.

What did you GTB say? Guest ticket booklet.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, little britain said:

I think there were reports of folks being moved from MTD to late dining without notice. I wouldn't pass it by RCI to do would do that. The booking could have been MTD (allowing reservations) and then sometime before the sailing switched to late fixed dining. The purported on board response from MDR staff doesn't make sense though.

2 hours ago, ATG said:

I’m wondering if Anthem is an exception. We just boarded this morning. I had picked my time dining and made reservations for 6:45 each night. When we got to our cabin we had a note that says “We’ve saved you a seat “ it goes on to say they have reserved a table for 7:00 for all evenings this sailing.

My sea pass card has the same information.

At one time I read some ships were going to 3 set time dining. Is it possible that they moved some who picked the same time each night to the middle set time?

If I find anything out I’ll let you know.

On the April Oasis TA, I booked MTD at 7 pm each night.  On the first night, a MDR staff was asking if anyone wanted 6:45 pm seating (same table/waitstaff) each night.  I said yes.

I have MTD booked for 6:45 pm each night on Symphony.  I'm hoping to get offered or assigned the middle fixed seating.

52 minutes ago, little britain said:

But your seapass card which is your key to everything on board the ship clearly does not state MTD. It shows you on a set table at a set time which is traditional dining.

What did you GTB say? Guest ticket booklet.

I just looked at my GTB from RC and it says MYTIME very clearly. In our case the change is 15 minutes later and we get to go directly to our table and not stand in line. We’re quite pleased. The reason we stopped doing traditional dining is that one was too early and one too late. A set 7:00 works for us.  We are also on the next sailing, I wonder what we will get then.

58 minutes ago, ATG said:

... we get to go directly to our table and not stand in line. We’re quite pleased. 

We went directly to our table on nights 1 to 12.  On night 13 (of 14) a host stopped us and insisted that we had to check in.  Umm ... NOPE.