The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday July 11th, 2024

2 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good afternoon and Happy Thursday. It’s currently 106 at my location but I really thought it was going to be hotter today. I had an appointment this morning and we went to lunch afterward, which has us all sleepy. We try not to nap until 3:00. 

I got an upgrade offer for the second week of my B2B cruise for a Pinnacle Suite!  $3,400!!  And double that for me as a single!!! For 7 days!!!!   No. Thank you. 

Now why haven’t I gotten an offer for an outside cabin?  

Have a great day everyone!

Got the same offer and had the same reaction.  We could go on two cruises for what that upgrade would cost us.

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

Good afternoon, Dailyites and thanks to all for the Daily News!  Annie, I'm so sorry your DH is having such a hard time of it.  I hope the surgery tomorrow will help, or at least he will have additional care in the  hospital.  Jacqui, you are amazing getting so much done; I'm glad you get help from friends, and I hope the surgery and move go smoothly.  

Birthday wishes to Father David.  And I am happy that the edibles seem to be helping Tana.  

Today has not been a great success so far.  I didn't sleep well, Pat woke me at 8:30, and said to get up quickly as I must be at the hospital by 10.  Sheesh - I thought my appointment was Friday.  I have been a "subject" in the Canadian Longitudinal Study on Aging for about 20 years, and nothing much has been done through and since Covid - just the occasional phone call.  This time I was to have all the tests, and I was in a panic, I showered, drank coffee and raced out of the house.  Of course there was road work, and I hadn't been to the Gorge hospital since BC, and there was a new building and signage, as it has changed from "hospital" to "medical centre" and I drove right past it, way down the road, I  couldn't turn around for miles because of the construction!  I made it back just in time, rang the doorbell of the CLSA - no one was there.  I finally twigged, my appointment IS Friday, and today is Thursday....  To make amends, Pat took me out to lunch.  At least that was my "dry run" and I'll know how to get there tomorrow.  If the road in front is not all dug up!  

When I opened the fridge door to get the milk, a torrent of water poured out - all the ice had melted and filled the garbage bag I had it in, and had not tied tightly... Cleanup required.   Then when I went to the shopping centre to buy more ice, the entry was completely closed off, more construction.  I had to find my way around the back, with everyone else who was doing the same thing.  At least, cherries were on sale!  Although I'm trying not to buy anything until we have a working refrigerator, I had to buy some.  The cooler with two bags of ice seems to be keeping most of the stuff frozen and as we eat out of boxes, space becomes available in the freezer in the garage.  There is a big bag of peas which has defrosted, but I figure I can write "Do not Eat" on it and refreeze it to use if I need it when I have radiation, every cloud has a silver lining...

So that's my day.  It is warm - 24 celsius - 78 Fahrenheit -not too bad.  The car gets hot if parked in the sun and I am always on the lookout for animals in cars.   The reservoir is down to 86%.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 8