Premier Inn Westminster Abbey

I am on a TA ending in Southampton in February, 2025, traveling solo.  Am considering the HUB Westminster Abbey for a 4 night post cruise stay.  There is an international friends tour that departs from Southampton after the cruise that includes Stonehenge and a drop off at Central London hotels.  Is this hotel considered Central London?  Any comments on the hotel or tour are also appreciated!

18 minutes ago, ILgirl said:

Is this hotel considered Central London?

Yes, it is, by any normal definition. Consistent advice here is that rooms in Hub hotels tend to be very small, and they don't always have windows.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ILgirl said:

I am on a TA ending in Southampton in February, 2025, traveling solo.  Am considering the HUB Westminster Abbey for a 4 night post cruise stay.  There is an international friends tour that departs from Southampton after the cruise that includes Stonehenge and a drop off at Central London hotels.  Is this hotel considered Central London?  Any comments on the hotel or tour are also appreciated!

It's a great location to stay in while visiting London.  Lots within walking distance and easy access to the Tube.  As Globaliser mentions, just be sure you know what you're getting with the HUB concept.  I've stayed in another London HUB before and was quite happy with my decision.  Rooms are very small.  But I had everything I needed.  I don't recall that I had a window. But, I only wanted the place to shower and sleep, and they have that covered!

Edited by MeHeartCruising
  • Like 1

I've not stayed in a HUB, although a family member who has done has told me just how small they are. She was fine for an overnight stay but, from her description, I'm not sure I'd want to do even that and, certainly, not  a longer stay. I'm sure there will be several  "full size" Premier Inns in the central area that would suit better. 

FWIW, I usually stay at their Euston hotel when visiting the capital.  It's is a short walk from the British Museum and, with an Underground station, served by the Northern & Victoria lines,  just across the road, is well located  to get about anywhere. 

I've just booked the HUB Marylebone for my 2-night stay in London next March (I feel most at home in London in Marylebone, so the fact that there was one there is perfect for me.) I didn't even realise that this was an option! (I've stayed in a YOTEL, which is a similar concept, from what I can see, and it was perfectly reasonable.) 

• Like 1

We stayed at Premier Inn (old City Hall) next to Westminster Bridge and it was close to tube and walkable every - Parliament/The Abbey/HoHo Bus routes/Waterloo train stop  etc.  We had a window and the price was good for Central London with a good breakfast to go with.

My daughter and I stayed at The Hub near yours (Westminster-St.James) for two nights precruise 7 years ago. We loved it!  Great price, fine for our needs and great location for sightseeing. We took the International Friends Stonehenge tour enroute to Southampton and the bus did indeed pick us up at our hotel. Actually at the corner because the street wasn’t wide enough for the bus!  

If I am not mistaken, there was a list of pick-up/drop-off hotels on their website. Maybe you can check by trying a mock booking?  Enjoy your trip. 

44 minutes ago, ChattTenn said:

We had a window

I've stayed at the Premier Inn County Hall (not City Hall) a couple of times, although several years back. Good central location, IMO. Both times I've had a window. Both times, it's been looking out at the inner courtyard - so basically a view of a brick wall with windows of rooms looking out in the direction of my room.  I kept the curtains closed. 

12 minutes ago, Harters said:

I've stayed at the Premier Inn County Hall (not City Hall) a couple of times, although several years back. Good central location, IMO. Both times I've had a window. Both times, it's been looking out at the inner courtyard - so basically a view of a brick wall with windows of rooms looking out in the direction of my room.  I kept the curtains closed. 

To be clear: standard Premier Inns - the vast majority - always have windows and normal sized rooms.

Only Premier Inn HUB hotels - of which there are just a few, mainly in central London - have small rooms, some without windows, similar to the YOTEL concept.

Posted (edited)

I've never stayed in a PI that didnt have window or felt other than "normal sized".

I had not previously heard of YOTEL till this thread so don't have a view as to similarities.

Don't discount Travelodge which often come in cheaper than a PI but can be more basic. Clean, comfy but no frills. I'll happily stay in them - although I can think of a couple I'd prefer not to go back to (Brentford & Llandudno, FWIW). On the other side of that coin, their "new design" hotels (such as the one I stayed at in Hexham) are probably superior to a Premier Inn (except for catering which is always poor in my experience)

Edited by Harters

Wow!!  As I’ve always known, Cruise Critic is truly a special place!  Thanks to all of you for your comments and suggestions which will help lead me in the right direction.  You all are the best.  Thx for taking the time to respond!

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Cotswold Eagle said:

As stated above, that is true of Premier Inns, but not of Premier Inn HUBs.  

As stated above, I've never stayed in a HUB so was only commenting on places I actually know about. I'm  sure your observation was only intended to be helpful. 😀

Edited by Harters