On Beyond 7/13-21 ask anything!

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, peanut head said:

Thank you for taking us along and answering questions.  First and foremost, have a wonderful time.  Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.

We will be (first time) in an Edge Villa next year (Ascent).  Which level was your luggage delivered?  I thought that Le Voyage was included in the unlimited specialty dining--or was it just the special menus that aren't?  Is it noisy being next to the Retreat Sundeck?

They asked us which level we wanted luggage delivered and we told them 16 as it’s right outside your bedroom.

The dinner at Le Voyage was free but the tastings was not.

I would suggest if you aren’t already to do one of the rooms where there are four. I think it’s 15100,102,104 and 106 as they have a nice patio area (at least on the beyond) right outside your room that is completely shaded with chairs and couch. The ones on the other side (0dd numbers) on the way to luminea and I would assume get a lot of traffic.

Now a tip, if u are on the edge and apex there are no patios on either side (was in 15101 on the apex) and there is no foot traffic on either side because luminea in on deck 12

For the noisy question the answer is no for 2 reasons as the solarium roof is right outside our door so not many loungers there as well as the full retreat sundeck is another floor up.

even though it’s another floor up for the sundeck they cannot look down on your balcony because of the design so it’s completely private.

Edited by samplecd02
Added more info
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SGCruiser2013 said:

@samplecd02 Hope you are having an awesome time, and thanks much for posting and answering questions! 

I know this has been asked in other forums, but as a suite guest do you have access to dine at BLU? Not sure if Edge Villa has full 'aqua' privileges or not. I have read in other forms that there may be some discretion here, but that generally breakfast is OK and if you are interested in dinner, then sometimes that's OK too but probably should coordinate in advance with the Retreat Maitre'd or concierge. Interested to know if this is something you had asked about, or if you are already speaking to the M'd or concierge about other matters. Thanks! 

Apologies as I didn’t see this question

access to blu is decided by the maitre’ d and I have been told on a space available basis.

i did blu one night on my last sailing but I didn’t like the menu or the close seating so I have not asked this cruise

• Thanks 1

Do you know how strict Beyond was on boarding times?  The app states the health questionnaire will open exactly at assigned boarding time.  Does that mean I cannot board until after it unlocks, or can I complete it on the ship if I arrive 45 min early?

41 minutes ago, TGfromTX said:

Do you know how strict Beyond was on boarding times?  The app states the health questionnaire will open exactly at assigned boarding time.  Does that mean I cannot board until after it unlocks, or can I complete it on the ship if I arrive 45 min early?

The health questionnaire was open 24 hrs before the boarding.

granted I’ve only sailed twice on celebrity but it’s always been 24 hrs before for me

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, jbcallender said:

We are in a Celebrity Suite next March and looking forward to it.  Are the Retreat Sundeck and Pool crowded?  Is their adequate space and loungers typically?  

They are set up with plenty of space and loungers but there is a lot of lounger holding

i have been told by others that they do uphold the 30 minute rule but I have not seen it as I have my own lounger on my balcony should the chair hogs be too bad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/14/2024 at 8:48 PM, Straughn said:

@samplecd02, good info from you. There would not have been an upcharge on the $17 wine, as that is the limit on the Premium package. My experience, with beverages outside the premium package, is that sometimes I was charged and sometimes I wasn’t. Generally, I paid the upcharge on bourbon, but in Luminae, a glass of wine over the $17 limit was not charged.

As for the Retreat Lounge, my interest is who are the concierges, is the lounge busy during the morning continental breakfast, what is the crowd like at Happy Hour. I have been in The Retreat and/or Michael’s Club when it was standing room only for HH, and when I was one of two or three people. As a solo, the suite lounge is a great way for me to meet others. I do realize that it can vary from one cruise to the next. Just curious as to your experiences.

Below is a picture of the retreat team card

i have not used them much but they, the butler, and the room steward have been excellent.

IMG_0010.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, winslow050 said:

You can pick your boarding time a month ahead of your cruise...the health questions has nothing to do with your boarding time...

I picked my boarding time - but I misread the popup.  I thought it was the same date and time, but the note states the day before.

We will be on the beyond next month. Can you tell me what the muster drill is like. Also how strict are they with the boarding time? There are six of us and unfortunately we were not all able to get the same boarding times. Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marie51 said:

We will be on the beyond next month. Can you tell me what the muster drill is like. Also how strict are they with the boarding time? There are six of us and unfortunately we were not all able to get the same boarding times. Thanks in advance.

Muster is EASY.

Watch the video on your phone, then go to your station & they will check you off.

You should all be able to get in together. Whoever has the earliest time can show them if they ask & then the rest follow. No PROMISES, but likely you will be fine.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, KKB said:

Muster is EASY.

Watch the video on your phone, then go to your station & they will check you off.

You should all be able to get in together. Whoever has the earliest time can show them if they ask & then the rest follow. No PROMISES, but likely you will be fine.

Is wearing a lifejacket required? 

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, TGfromTX said:

Is wearing a lifejacket required? 

No--in over 40 cruises, 25 since start up, i can recall few where we had to bring/wear a lifejacket.

Since startup (after COVID), all mainstream lines have eliminated that (can't speak for Holland or Costa) & the muster where everyone gathered in one place.

Now there are a couple crew members at each muster location & you simply checkin with them after you embark to prove you know where to go & what to do (because you watched the video).

It's a MUCH better system!

Edited by KKB
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, KKB said:

Muster is EASY.

Thanks, it’s kind of what I thought.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chrismch said:

Have you seen any of the shows at Eden or The Club? How early did you have to get there for seating?

I know there was always a line waiting to get into the Club & they would open doors 30 min. before. Remember, there are 2 levels. The line on Deck 4 is nearly always longer than the one on Deck 5.

• Thanks 2

Have you seen any of the shows at Eden or The Club? How early did you have to get there for seating?

Most youtube videos suggest over 30 minutes prior at a minimum.  More if you want better seats - and in Eden to consider standing room in front of any seats you choose.  If someone can stand in front of you they likely will as the venues fill.  The larger your group, the earlier you'll want to show. Also single people can usually find a seat where people left a space in between up til showtime in theater venues - I don't think that translates to Eden.

• Thanks 1

One other question... What activities did they do during the sailaway on the pool deck?

I sail tomorrow - and the app was populated with everything for the last few days - I even went through and filled my calendar with everything I wanted to attend. 

Well that is a waste of time to do in advance - I was going to check for you and they wiped it all today & I see nothing.

I mainly remember seeing DJs and music in different parts of the ship.  I think the pool area had DJ playing music, the bar in back had a solo performer, some solo performers in different venues in ship (I think there were 3 different soloists - guitar, piano, and something else - maybe cello).  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TGfromTX said:

mainly remember seeing DJs and music in different parts of the ship.  I think the pool area had DJ playing music, the bar in back had a solo performer, some solo performers in different venues in ship (I think there were 3 different soloists - guitar, piano, and something else - maybe cello). 

We love listening to live music! Thanks for the details.

We are looking at booking a cruise on the Beyond sailing on April 19, 2026.   Interested in the MC suite 11172.   Who will be the butler?  🤷‍♂️😱

Seriously, just in jest going along with some  the other requests.  🙄😬

Enjoy your cruise.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Haha 3

On 7/13/2024 at 5:11 PM, sonnycruises said:

Does your cabin creak?

I was in 8214 (magic carpet sky suite). We did have lounge chairs on the balcony, and the room did creak.

On 7/20/2024 at 12:08 PM, KKB said:

I know there was always a line waiting to get into the Club & they would open doors 30 min. before. Remember, there are 2 levels. The line on Deck 4 is nearly always longer than the one on Deck 5.

I’m on beyond right now. The theater seems to have enough seats that you can find something for 2 almost up til showtime most often. Prime seats go quickly so plan to be in chair 30 minutes before.  The club is hit and miss - I’d try to arrive 30 minutes or more before for popular events. Recognize if an event was held right before, many of those people will stay in their seats. 
less popular events have not filled venues. 

• Thanks 1