Subjective question but in your opinion, which spa is "the spa of all spas" on NCL?

It's certainly not the newest, but we love the Epic's spa. View out over the wake from the spa balcony is such a pleasure! It's been several years, but we have booked the Epic again for October--and already have our spa passes!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Opinion?  The spas are nice.  Newer ones are nicer than older ones.  All are good though!

Your specific questions?  Which ship(s) are you looking at?

Edited by graphicguy

Spas on the old ships are nothing like the Thermal Spas on the new ships. For me if I am in port with a beautiful view, no one else in there (or very few and everyone is quiet) and laying in a heated lounger, then that is my favorite spa. 

• Like 2

Love the Breakaway class.  Didn't like the Joy as it didn't have the the larger pool with the jets, only a hot tub and a cold plunge.  If I remember correctly, I think it's the Dawn that actually has a large pool that is suitable for laps.  I really enjoyed that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Loved the thermal spa experience on Prima. I haven’t been on Epic yet to compare. 

The loudest thermal spa we experienced was this year was on Breakaway in late May/early June. There were no signs posted like there are on other ships to state it is a quiet area. 

The Jewel class thermal spas can be lovely when it is quiet. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seas2mountains said:

Loved the thermal spa experience on Prima. I haven’t been on Epic yet to compare. 

The loudest thermal spa we experienced was this year was on Breakaway in late May/early June. There were no signs posted like there are on other ships to state it is a quiet area. 

The Jewel class thermal spas can be lovely when it is quiet. 

Oh no 😞 I booked the Breakaway thermal spa?  Hope it's not noisy when we go!

1 hour ago, mcmomny said:

I hope you have a better experience than we had. The thermal spa facilities on the Breakaway are great.  

Hopefully they will reinstall signs to set the expectation that it is a quiet area. It really depends on the people on the cruise. 

We went early to try to avoid people and that worked initially until loud people arrived. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Seas2mountains said:

I hope you have a better experience than we had. The thermal spa facilities on the Breakaway are great.  

Hopefully they will reinstall signs to set the expectation that it is a quiet area. It really depends on the people on the cruise. 

We went early to try to avoid people and that worked initially until loud people arrived. 

Hope so too! First time doing the Thermal Spa for us

Last cruise we spoiled ourselves with Free at Sea Plus, so this cruise I figure there won't be too many kids and a quieter group of cruisers on board so thought why not!

• Like 1

On 7/14/2024 at 11:30 AM, mcmomny said:

I just returned from the Breakaway and had thermal suite and it was calm and peaceful. Loved it!

has the pool with jets, plenty of heated and other loungers. I relaxed there daily!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1