Have your travel desires changed over the years?

2 hours ago, cruiser3775 said:

The other thing that has really gone up in price is the cost of boarding pets while travelling.

Yes, there's definitely an ouch there 💰.  My lad goes to the very best cattery in town, called The Hilton, and he hates every minute of it - for half the cruise at least I suffer horrendous guilt pangs 😢 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

You are never truly free for travel until the kids leave home and the dog dies.

Unless your left home kids look after your dog while you’re away 😁

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cbtours said:

Unless your left home kids look after your dog while you’re away 😁

Kids at home after 21 are known as Kippers =

Kids

In

Parents

Pockets

Eroding

Retirement

Savings.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

48 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Kids at home after 21 are known as Kippers =

Kids

In

Parents

Pockets

Eroding

Retirement

Savings.

I’m the founding member of Ski Tiurs

Spend

Your

Kids

Inheritance 

20 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

You are never truly free for travel until the kids leave home and the dog dies.

We're very lucky where our dog is concerned. Friends of ours are Labrador breeders (bred our girl) and they are happy to board our dog. So she effectively gets a holiday as well, hanging out with her rellies on an acreage property. We supply all her food and they just charge us a nominal fee to look after her.

No problem with the kids, they've all fled the nest.🤣

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ceeceeDee said:

We're very lucky where our dog is concerned. Friends of ours are Labrador breeders (bred our girl) and they are happy to board our dog. So she effectively gets a holiday as well, hanging out with her rellies on an acreage property. We supply all her food and they just charge us a nominal fee to look after her.

No problem with the kids, they've all fled the nest.🤣

Best of both worlds 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Cbtours said:

I’m the founding member of Ski Tiurs

Spend

Your

Kids

Inheritance 

I am a firm believer that there is no inheritance until you're dead.  You're spending you own money be it retirement savings or remuneration.  How dare anyone anticipate a windfall from another's eventual death.  Not a whole lot makes me cranky but this mindset really gets my knickers in a twist.

Edited to say that I don't mean your mindset rather the mindset of younger generations.

Edited by Bubbeh
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Best of both worlds 😁

And she absolutely loves it. We're never worried about her knowing that she is in the best of hands and paws. She adores the humans and has a ball with the 'pack'.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bubbeh said:

I am a firm believer that there is no inheritance until you're dead.  You're spending you own money be it retirement savings or remuneration.  How dare anyone anticipate a windfall from another's eventual death.  Not a whole lot makes me cranky but this mindset really gets my knickers in a twist.

Edited to say that I don't mean your mindset rather the mindset of younger generations.

I assure you it is said “tongue in cheek” as my kids are definitely the biggest encouragers of me spending anything.

i am incredibly proud that coming from a very working class background all my kids have done very well by working hard, putting themselves thru uni etc.

so ski tours has always been a joke 😁😁🥰

• Like 3

I use to be a cram as much in as possible traveller but that ended up being exhausting so I have slowed things down now and usually when I travel I stick to a region and explore that area. On the other hand I am also not a stay for two weeks in a city kind of person. I would like to think I found my travel groove😁

• Like 5