QM2 Princess Grill project....

Mudhen

We will be leaving on the QM2 on the 27th and received an email stating that the Princess Grill

will be closed for breakfast starting on the 14th. We'll have breakfast in La Veranda. Not worried or

concerned at all, but we're curious as to just what are they doing in the restaurant. We will have

lunch and dinner in there as usual.

Does anyone know what's going on in there? Perhaps someone who's on board now?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 7/15/2024 at 8:43 AM, Mudhen said:

We will be leaving on the QM2 on the 27th and received an email stating that the Princess Grill

will be closed for breakfast starting on the 14th. We'll have breakfast in La Veranda. Not worried or

concerned at all, but we're curious as to just what are they doing in the restaurant. We will have

lunch and dinner in there as usual.

Does anyone know what's going on in there? Perhaps someone who's on board now?

Hi Mudhen, I got the same message about the Princess Grill.  I am on that voyage with you and am starting to pack😀

I am trying to sort out my loads of clothes😉

1 hour ago, Judyrem said:

Hi Mudhen, I got the same message about the Princess Grill.  I am on that voyage with you and am starting to pack😀

I am trying to sort out my loads of clothes😉

Haha! I was doing the same thing today!

• Haha 1

Every ship requires constant maintenance, let alone a 20 years old liner running non-stop 24 hrs a day almost everyday. 

During our last crossing, there were several contractors onboard working on fixtures and carpeting. One day the alleyway on deck 3L (or 2L) were closed and the next day there were new carpet. 

I'd assume it's just for regular cleaning/maintenance. Most ships have those job done on a port day but QM2 doesn't have that many "off hours" to carryout the work. 

• Like 4

I’ve just disembarked QM2 today, and on one late night promenade stroll (Wednesday?) we noticed there maintenance going on near one window in PG. There were panels removed, pipes exposed and big ladders in use. 
This work involved at least three staff and we wondered if it had been fixed for the next morning. Peeping in we could see work still in progress the next day. We didn’t check on any other days. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for this info. Cunard alerted us via email that we’ll be having breakfast in the veranda. No problemo….haha!

All other meals will (supposedly) be unaffected.We’ll deal with whatever comes!

• Like 2