Upgrade at check in?

brunorem

Next week we take the vista cruise from Athens.

I see that there are still a lot available penthouse suites.

For us, Oceania cruises is really the first time.

Does Oceania offer discounted upgrades to higher suites because there are still a lot of suites available?

if so, where do i ask it?

we booked this cruise through a travel agent but he told us that O C does not offer last minute upgrade at a special rate. Is this correct?

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, brunorem said:

we booked this cruise through a travel agent but he told us that O C does not offer last minute upgrade at a special rate. Is this correct?

Yes, that is correct.

Edited by 1985rz1

When on board go to the front desk and ask. I have been successful but there is still a cost, not as much as  initially though.

Give it a try, nothing to loose.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

Yes, that is correct.

Well now wait a minute. They have been known to offer an upgrade at less than the going rate, but on a case by case basis, and generally where it will benefit them. You can also offer less than the going rate for a room above your level, whether they take it or not is another matter. 

I've also read comments where people asked at Guest Relations and were able to upgrade for less than the going rate. I've personally never tried it. 

But as a rule there is no system set up where you can bid for upgrades like some other lines. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ORV said:

But as a rule there is no system set up where you can bid for upgrades like some other lines. 

This was what I was thinking, but I guess I should have allowed for the exceptions you noted.  Thanks.

Why be disappointed, look at your budget and get the best cabin/suite that fits that budget.  That way you'll be happy with what you've got-and not keep thinking about it before and during your cruise.

• Like 3

There’s no system for upgrades. But I know that our friends were able to get an upgraded cabin for a discounted rate when they boarded and the ship wasn’t full. 

Hope that helps.

• Like 2