I love visiting Darwin, such a unique tropical city.

I will be spending ten days from 18/7 there and wondered if there is anything a local would recommend, which I've missed.  I'm happy to travel by bus.

We visited Darwin in July 2018 with my extended family. 

One day we visited a crocodile park in town and did the extras like feeding the crocs and we got to hold little ones and other reptiles. We did NOT do the cage swim with them! 

The following day we did a crocodile boat tour on the Mary? River. It was interesting seeing the crocs in the wild having seen them in captivity and learnt a lot about them the day before. 

Before driving back in to Darwin we popped into the Window on the Wetlands Visitor Centre. We weren’t sure if it was going to be worth calling in but there was no admission charge so… And boy, we’re we surprised! It was a very educational and interactive experience. I think we spent over an hour there and could have spent longer. It is a bit of a step from town, though; out past Humpty Doo. Worth a visit if your heading out in that direction. 

https://nt.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0003/446817/window-on-the-wetlands.pdf