Club Orange Cabin Upgrade

Just booked a Baltic cruise with Club Orange added on Rotterdam for May, 2025. How (and when) do I go about booking the cabin upgrade? I booked thru a TA, but honestly if they’d let me I’d rather call HAL myself and see what’s available. I thought I had read somewhere on this board how to do that but I sure can’t find it anywhere now. 

54 minutes ago, mhb1757 said:

Just booked a Baltic cruise with Club Orange added on Rotterdam for May, 2025. How (and when) do I go about booking the cabin upgrade? I booked thru a TA, but honestly if they’d let me I’d rather call HAL myself and see what’s available. I thought I had read somewhere on this board how to do that but I sure can’t find it anywhere now. 

Your TA should have some answers. I have booked several times through my HAL PCP, added Club Orange, and picked new upgraded cabin right then with the PCP.  I could then, if I wanted, move the booking to my TA. Seems to me that your TA should have guided you with upgraded cabin choice when you booked through her/him. Never heard of booking Club Orange and then picking upgraded cabin later. However, I'm not an expert on this topic.

• Like 4

I always choose the upgraded cabin at the time of booking through my PCC. 

Hopefully you booked an obstructed balcony cabin so you can get the maximum benefit of the upgrade. I go on the HAL website and do a dummy booking for the cruise to see which cabin I want to be upgraded to. Once you have identified a cabin or two of your choice, call your TA and ask them to book it through Club Orange. It seems your TA is not familiar with the process. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just book the cabin you want, add CO and you will pay the lowest rate for your meta category.  I book with my PCC and we complete the process in one phone call.  It’s not that complicated.

If you booked with a TA did you choose your room?  Did the TA call HAL to make sure CO was available?  Next step is to charge you the lowest fare for your category and add the CO charges.

If you have already booked a stateroom or gty.   Then want to purchase CO.  Then want to choose your higher level stateroom.  It gets messy.  You need to know what room you want before you contact your TA.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mhb1757 said:

Call Holland America Line Ship Inventory at 1-888-628-8107 or 206-626-7381.  Make sure you have your booking number handy and a deck plan so that you can choose your stateroom.

• Like 3

Thanks for all of these. My regular TA was on vacation when I booked and the lady filling in for her did not know about the upgrade. I did a dummy booking as suggested and sent my regular TA a couple of options based on what I could see as available and she got it worked out with HAL today. The cabin upgrade alone was worth more than the cost of the Club Orange. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Has anyone had any success in being placed on the waiting list for Club Orange then HAL calling to tell you it's avaiable? Or is it best to just call Ship Inventory all the time to see if a spot opens up?

4 hours ago, Windsailer said:

Has anyone had any success in being placed on the waiting list for Club Orange then HAL calling to tell you it's avaiable? Or is it best to just call Ship Inventory all the time to see if a spot opens up?

I have not gotten a call back; I call.Ship Inventory daily.