What is the real reason for the Loyalty Status Match change? A way to offlload Pinnacles/Diamond+ to Celebrity? The change has no benefit to loyal Celebrity Captains Club members. We made it halfway to Zenith and are now looking elsewhere.  

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

There were 2 reasons: 1 – to incentivize and reward our guests for staying within our family of brands for all their vacation needs; and 2 – a lot of our members were asking us for it.

We are always looking for ways to enhance our program and provide more value to our members. This was a very common and consistent request from members of all three programs. The Royal Caribbean Group has an amazing portfolio of brands that are perfect for any occasion. Royal Caribbean delivers thrilling vacations for the contemporary and family market. Celebrity elevates premium travel. And Silversea provides the finest ultra-luxury and expedition experiences.   

There’s no reason for our guests to ever vacation anywhere else! And since we are all part of the same family, we should recognize your loyalty regardless of which brand you are sailing on. 

If you are not interested in sailing with other brands within the group, then nothing changes for you. We are not taking any benefits away and are protecting benefits that are capacity constrained, like Retreat Lounge access, to ensure members with 3K points or more always have access.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
On 7/3/2024 at 7:46 PM, flyers10 said:

What is the real reason for the Loyalty Status Match change? A way to offlload Pinnacles/Diamond+ to Celebrity? The change has no benefit to loyal Celebrity Captains Club members. We made it halfway to Zenith and are now looking elsewhere.  

The status match has no benefit to you, but it certainly is a benefit to many of us and I don't see how it takes anything away from anyone.

Edited by conquesodor
clarification
  • Like 5

Thank you Laura for responding.   

I also do not see anything taken away.   I see it as a loyal Celebrity cruiser that really enjoys cruising Celebrity but now bypassed level(perks) by Royal folks that may not have even tried Celebrity.  I understand and appreciate your efforts in responding to all our questions.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, flyers10 said:

Thank you Laura for responding.   

I also do not see anything taken away.   I see it as a loyal Celebrity cruiser that really enjoys cruising Celebrity but now bypassed level(perks) by Royal folks that may not have even tried Celebrity.  I understand and appreciate your efforts in responding to all our questions.

Ms Laura,
I think likewise. I do not see anything taken away but I see that "bypass" too. VERY disappointed. Also respectfully pointing out that the top tier Royal cruisers are jumping on Celebrity NOT for the "Celebrity" experience, but for the FREE Drinks (opposed to 6 coupons on Royal), FREE Wifi, FREE unlimited Laundry, and other excellent benefits that Celebrity gives their Zenith members, as has been posted several times here.

Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't get why some seem to think this is one sided- that the only effect is Royal cruisers jumping over to Celebrity for perks but not the other way around.  It works both ways, so I'm sure there are people at Royal thinking "great, all those Celebrity people are now jumping over here for such and such benefits."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, waterbug123 said:

I don't get why some seem to think this is one sided- that the only effect is Royal cruisers jumping over to Celebrity for perks but not the other way around.  It works both ways, so I'm sure there are people at Royal thinking "great, all those Celebrity people are now jumping over here for such and such benefits."

Totally one sided for Royals.  Please let me know of one benefit that Royal rewards a Zenith member for cruising on a Royal ship that they did not already receive as a result of being a faithful Celebrity cruiser.  I have yet to read about a Zenith jumping to Royal for a "better" experience.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/20/2024 at 3:29 PM, C 2 C said:

Totally one sided for Royals.  Please let me know of one benefit that Royal rewards a Zenith member for cruising on a Royal ship that they did not already receive as a result of being a faithful Celebrity cruiser.  I have yet to read about a Zenith jumping to Royal for a "better" experience.

For goodness' sake, this board never fails to find people who will complain about anything. The benefit is having additional itineraries and classes of ships on Royal that might suit someone's needs better than what Celebrity has from time to time even if that someone isn't you. Just because you choose not to take advantage of this or can't appreciate how it's a win-win for most people, doesn't take anything away from you.

Edited by conquesodor
clarification
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@conquesodor Glad it is a good change for you and others.  We made a mistake for being loyal to Celebrity. When we decided to switch from Royal to Celebrity years ago, we were more than halfway from D+ to Pinnacle.  In hindsight we should have stayed with Royal and made Pinnacle,  we could now enjoy the bypass of levels and improved perks without spending a dime on Celebrity.   However,  we did look forward to earning our levels and perks by cruising with Celebrity. How naive.