Oosterdam questions

If I were blocked out of the Crows Nest on a sea day I too would be mightily p____d off, particularly if the obstruction were identified to be Park West. It doesn't surprise me to learn that others have questioned PW's business practices.

• Like 1

I'll be on the 11/17/25 (my b'day!) sailing.

I did a TA on Virgin's Scarlet Lady followed by 10 nights Greek Islands on Resilient Lady.  I cannot tell you how wonderful it was to be on ships that had NO art gallery (so no auctions), no photographers pestering you every evening and when you come down the gangway in port, no special watch or $10 sales in the shops, and virtually no announcements during the day.

I did tell my friends that I missed the noon Captain's announcement.  I certainly didn't miss the rest of that stuff.  And there were plenty of us oldsters on those 2 sailings.  I'm booked on a TA next spring.

Anyway, I love the Vista class ships although I wasn't "allowed" to book my favorite J-class Large Interior cabin as a solo.  That's a little disappointing.  I'm booked in a K-class aft on Main, and am slightly concerned about vibration back there.  If anyone has first-hand experience in an aft cabin on Main, I'd like to hear your opinions.

34 minutes ago, NCTribeFan said:

Anyway, I love the Vista class ships although I wasn't "allowed" to book my favorite J-class Large Interior cabin as a solo.  

Well, I know people hate the single supplement charge so I guess this is one way to deal with it.

We are thinking of taking a TA next April.  How are the pools?  heated?  salt/fresh?  steps?  closed top?  We have never sailing HAL, just other lines.

What is the airline connection like?  reliable?  easy?

thanks for the information

43 minutes ago, georgiacat said:

We are thinking of taking a TA next April.  How are the pools?  heated?  salt/fresh?  steps?  closed top?  We have never sailing HAL, just other lines.

What is the airline connection like?  reliable?  easy?

thanks for the information

The pools are fresh, heated (if needed,), the roof will be closed over the midship pool if the weather is cold.

Flights are what they are. We can't give specifics as we don't know where you are flying to/from. There is a board for that research:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/77-cruise-air/

7 hours ago, singleflyer said:

On the Oosterdam now.  Park West used the former Lincoln Center space for their auction.  I haven't seen Crows Nest closed at all this sailing. 

That is good news.  However, I will sorely miss Lincoln Center.