Cruise Care benefits

21 minutes ago, horseymike said:

If a family member became seriously ill or worse ( child’s in laws ) would Cruise Care provide cancellation benefits ?

Yes, must be seen by a doctor so you would probably need to submit medical paperwork

I found this all on google in like 30 seconds

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/CruiseCare.pdf

image.thumb.png.38908af671c15a2b5c7efd72e8a3f361.png

3 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Yes, must be seen by a doctor so you would probably need to submit medical paperwork

I found this all on google in like 30 seconds

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/CruiseCare.pdf

If they are saying their own child’s in-laws become sick, then the answer is no. Read the definition of immediate family. There is also a 60 day lookback period. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

If they are saying their own child’s in-laws become sick, then the answer is no. Read the definition of immediate family. There is also a 60 day lookback period. 

The OP wasn't specific enough yet "traveling companion" is covered by the policy

image.thumb.png.0b1d646067a3da41fd1573f42c8c9fb9.png

I am sorry for not being concise.

I meant if someone in the family who was not traveling on the cruise became ill.

A quick read of the cruise care cancel for any reason benefit says 90% towards a future cruise if you cancel for a “ non covered “ reason.

Any advice from previous experience with this coverage will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, horseymike said:

I meant if someone in the family who was not traveling on the cruise became ill.

A quick read of the cruise care cancel for any reason benefit says 90% towards a future cruise if you cancel for a “ non covered “ reason.

Any advice from previous experience with this coverage will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I simply don't know if your exact situation would have specific coverage but otherwise, you can get canceled for any reason yet that tends to be the most expensive option for obvious reasons

A pro tip, I found out the hard way most insurance doesn't cover luggage valet as it's a 3rd party and therefore not part of the airline or cruise line.  Some policies may let you add it on

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, horseymike said:

Thanks.

Before your cruise, if the sick person doesn’t meet the definition of immediate family and and doesn’t have any other exclusions, then you would have to use the 90% “any reason” provision where you get 90% of your nonrefundable costs back as FCC. 

• Thanks 1