Blazer type jacket for hubbie for sp restaurants, including Ocean Blue????

6 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Well it's about time your sweats wearing rat came back! (I know that sentence is full of bad grammar - I don't care).

Welcome back from the ship life! 

Thx!!  It’s mostly about the hair. They don’t even get below the waist. 🤣

Time to look beyond the Guinness and find a Blue Moon.   RIP Marty. 🥲

1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Thx!!  It’s mostly about the hair. They don’t even get below the waist. 🤣

Time to look beyond the Guinness and find a Blue Moon.   RIP Marty. 🥲

Welcome back2back.  Does this mean two Blue Moons?  😊

• Haha 2

I will look in that Men's travel Blazer in any case-- If it is cold in the restaurants he probably would miss not having his blazer--- He always packs 1 pair of shoes that are not his usual sneakers, to wear at night with his dockers/khakis.  We are each going to wear our hiking shoes on the plane--

But good to know that it isn't necessary to bring it in any case.  Thanks for all the feedback  Appreciate it.

3 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I’m going to focus more on the Guinness and less on posting!  I will put pants on for Ocean Blue on Friday.  🤣

ChiefMateJRK…enjoy your B2B cruise.  As you know the Bliss is likely the best NCL ship.  Cheers🐀🥰

• Thanks 1

It's clear men's body temperature tends to run warmer than women's because I always look to bring a pashmina or a cardigan to dinner with me.  I never know what the temperature is going to be in the restaurant, theater, etc., and I tend to get chilly easily.  Better to have it on hand and not need it than to need it and not have it.

• Like 1

Saw men (and women) in t shirts in Ocean Blue on our alaska cruise.  It really is free style. . . .come as you are.  

Personally, I wore a sport jacket and a button down collar shirt because I wanted to look nice for my wife - in both Ocean Blue and Le Bistro - but certainly did not need it in either location. 

14 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I’m going to focus more on the Guinness and less on posting!  I will put pants on for Ocean Blue on Friday.  🤣

I hope you put on pants for all meals.  No one wants to see you in skivvies!

If hubby wears a blazer anywhere on a Bliss AK cruise, he will probably be the only one. 

People wanting to look rugged Alaska will be wearing flannel shirts. People wanting cruise casual will be wearing silky Hawaiian shirts (my preferred style due to easy packing).

Gulf shirts are seen, but certainly in the minority.

As an alternative, try a Henley shirt.

7 hours ago, PartyPlannerLady said:

I hope you put on pants for all meals.  No one wants to see you in skivvies!

Actually, some do!!!  Some have even tipped!!

Okay, I really can’t back that up….  🤣

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Some have even tipped!!

This is known as the 20/20 club.  Of which I am a member.

20 years ago and 20 lbs lighter.  

TBH..it is now the 40/40 club🤣

Edited by laudergayle
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

40/70!!!!

Nah man…you gotta keep your ratios 🤣

“No cruise food for you” (in memory of the late great Seinfeld series).😊

Edited by laudergayle
  • Haha 1

On 7/23/2024 at 12:58 PM, ChiefMateJRK said:

What is this blazer of which you speak?  I once drove a blazer, but I don’t think it would fit into LeBistro. I wear sweats and slippers and look better than most.

disclaimer: I really can’t back that last part up.

Best wishes to all from the wonderful bliss. B2B rocks!!!  Yes, the Chief is again free. Let the fun begin….

Yay....back to the scene of the crime where I first met you and your lovely bride.  Have a great time!!!!!!

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/22/2024 at 11:18 PM, The Traveling Man said:

There frequently are wide variances between the stated NCL policy and what is actually allowed.  I have seen men wearing flip-flops, shorts, and a T-shirt seated for dinner in Le Bistro on more than one ship.  Years ago I used to always pack a blazer, a couple of long sleeved dress shirts, and a neck tie or two when sailing.  I still take a pair of slacks in addition to my jeans, but when sailing with NCL in the last several years, I have left the blazer at home.  YMMV.

Ironic that you would mention what you saw in Le Bistro.  I certainly don't doubt you.

Don't know if it's just the Joy (following policy) but no way would they accept what you have seen.  A small group of 4 showed up and one of the men had shorts on.  Hostess explained the policy and a woman started yelling at her.  Said that when she booked she saw nothing on the website about no shorts in Bistro.  By then the AMD got involved and she started yelling again, "We're done.  Don't talk to me!"

Bottom line is they were let in once the Restaurant Mgr finally relented.  In a way it was prudent because they were causing a commotion and there were people at the bar, Le Bistro entrance and Cagney's desk right across the floor.

With Ocean Blue, they call the cabin and leave a message about the dress code and remind about long pants.  I was pretty amazed there (and Le Bistro) actually how dressed up people were.  There were many "birthday crew" groups or "Grandma's 80th" tee shirts but boy, at night the women really dressed up in cocktail wear.  There were plenty resort casual as well.

Even the young 20's group seemed to be in dresses and heels.  Night 2 still designated in Freestyle Daily as "Dress Up or Not" night and many did.  Of course there were also groups having photos taken on the spiral staircase so many dressed up.  The men less so.

But on an Alaska cruise like the OP is going on, way less stuff taken considering one has to prepare for cooler weather.  On Prima in May (to Iceland) I saw more sweatshirts than skirts.

Edited by snorklinbarb